Author Topic: Welcome! Feel Free to Introduce Yourselves (Also Forum Map & Photo Album)  (Read 501933 times)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome! Feel Free to Introduce Yourselves (Also Forum Map & Photo Album)
« Reply #5835 on: March 07, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »
What idiot would post over 30 thousand times? Crazy people to waste that much time on a silly TV show. ::)

It's impressive that's for sure. And if by "silly tv show" you mean the greatest tv show of all time, I'm with ya. 

What is up with the Coconut Telegraph's logo? The three dots could represent the three podcasters in a constellation-like formation, but I've got a theory that the atomic reset sent a Dharma bowling ball flying and took out Taweret.

Fantastic podcast btw. I heard the mention of screencap filename confusion. I can post pics with more readable file names but imgur makes it easy to get small, medium and large thumbnails by simply adding a  t, m or l to the original filename.  I have a couple of options on where I can host them.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: March 07, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »
543 = (108 x5) and the 3 is for... the mystery. I got a thing for numbers. lol, It was really just adding numbers to my name. I thought it had a ring to it. If I had it to do over again I would choose something more Lost-centric. Thanks for the welcome!  And great job on the Ode to Lost, that was totally awesome!
If you had used pi in the "storied" formula to determine your number, that would have been awesome!  ;)  And thanks for the nice words on the poem!  :)

I will use the pi answer from now on. That way I can say its the most significant digits of an irrational number.

Welcome Eric!!!!!

Keep up the awesome posts!  We are thrilled to have you along for the ride.  This place is like group therapy.   ;D

Group therapy. Sign me up before hey take me away!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: March 07, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »
What idiot would post over 30 thousand times? Crazy people to waste that much time on a silly TV show. ::)

It's impressive that's for sure. And if by "silly tv show" you mean the greatest tv show of all time, I'm with ya. 

What is up with the Coconut Telegraph's logo? The three dots could represent the three podcasters in a constellation-like formation, but I've got a theory that the atomic reset sent a Dharma bowling ball flying and took out Taweret.

Fantastic podcast btw. I heard the mention of screencap filename confusion. I can post pics with more readable file names but imgur makes it easy to get small, medium and large thumbnails by simply adding a  t, m or l to the original filename.  I have a couple of options on where I can host them.
Although if I told you the true origin of the logo, it would ruin the podcast, I will simply say that your theories are the closest to accurate that I've heard so far.

It might also be the only theories I've heard so far.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: March 08, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »

I love a mysterious back story, so I'm going to take another whack at this. Coconut.. island food.. easily fashioned into drinking cup or bikini top.. implies kookiness.. entertaining food for thought. Telegraph... communication device... one side dots, the other side dashes... Samuel Morse.. Book of Samuel.. you ARE the good guys!  I KNEW the odd phone number was just a red herring!!

Anyway, The Coconut Telegraph is a much better name than "Entertaining Food for Thought from the Good Guys". I just listened to #6. Keep up the great work. ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: March 08, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »

I love a mysterious back story, so I'm going to take another whack at this. Coconut.. island food.. easily fashioned into drinking cup or bikini top.. implies kookiness.. entertaining food for thought. Telegraph... communication device... one side dots, the other side dashes... Samuel Morse.. Book of Samuel.. you ARE the good guys!  I KNEW the odd phone number was just a red herring!!

Anyway, The Coconut Telegraph is a much better name than "Entertaining Food for Thought from the Good Guys". I just listened to #6. Keep up the great work. ;D
I think that might be the future name of the podcast. Just maybe.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »
Word!!! ;D

Offline Floyd25

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: April 02, 2010, 09:43:34 PM »
Hi I'm Floyd.  Been around in the past, I 'm a gonna come back to visit more often.  ;) ~K

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »
Karen you have been missed by me at least

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: April 15, 2010, 10:33:14 PM »
(pssst....LiL- it's Kelly.)

It's great to see you, Floyd!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: April 23, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
(pssst....LiL- it's Kelly.)

It's great to see you, Floyd!

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Just found this - and sorry that I never got to see us all on the map!

I'm in early mourning for this little tribe of ours.  Someone described "Nostalgia for the present" as a particularly Southern habit - and I clearly have it bad!

That said, I'm in Charlotte by way of Boston from Charleston.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Hola!!