Author Topic: "The Sky Is purple"  (Read 5799 times)

Offline bhn

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
"The Sky Is purple"
« on: October 25, 2006, 11:49:31 PM »
What do you guys think they meant and did anyone catch what they were saying before that?
I personally think it has something to do with the 2nd island being visible, maybe thats why they took the sub over to the other island to see if they could see it?

Offline esque0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "The Sky Is purple"
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:52:52 PM »
It sounded like a general rant about how poorly things are going for them.  At least it's an indication that the purple sky *did* freak them out. 

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:59:43 AM »
Tom was complaining that the comm systems were down two days after the sky turned purple.  I suspect the hatch implosion released an EM pulse and fried the communications equipment. 

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 06:10:26 AM »
Still haven't seent this one yet but I'm thrilled to see there is purpleness in Lost!

That was all, you can carry on with your business and ignore me now!

BlackrockBob

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »
I thought they were singing a prince song.. The sky was all purple...  ;)

The failsafe caused major changes, but we don't know anything other than that the comms are down.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
My impresssion was that they were freaked out by that happening and don't really understand what goes on there and what the consequences are.

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »
Direct quote for inquiring minds:

Tom: [unintelligable]
Tom: ...two days since the sky turned purple, we've been blind, our comms are all down, and i can't get them back up again and in case you forgot colleen's in critical...
Henry: ...Juliet's taking care of her.

My impresssion was that they were freaked out by that happening and don't really understand what goes on there and what the consequences are.
My impression also.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 12:55:16 PM »
I think he said that comm was only down 1 way.

Did he mean comm with the Island (via an underwater cable) or comm with the mainland (that's why Jack is watching cartoon re-runs)?

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »
they say they are blind.. is that a reference to sonar or radar?

and is this connected to the whispers.. were they observing the losties with cameras and whatnot? and now those cameras arent working?

mindsparkle

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »
As much as I love the color purple -- a purple sky on an island where I hear monsters and whispers and people die and kill and kidnap and the weather is unpredictable -- I've be so freaked out I'd find a hole and bury myself under a log...

misspensinger

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 05:01:45 PM »
I definetely got the impression that they (Others) were at a loss as to what was going on.  They know the purple sky caused the problems with the communications.  My gut feeling was they had lost communication with the outside world.  Possibly fried like Johnny said or something.  This leads me to believe that they really have no idea about the button and it's ramifications.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »
I definetely got the impression that they (Others) were at a loss as to what was going on.  They know the purple sky caused the problems with the communications.  My gut feeling was they had lost communication with the outside world.  Possibly fried like Johnny said or something.  This leads me to believe that they really have no idea about the button and it's ramifications.
i agree!!

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »
i agree!!

Me too!!

(for some reason, I am drawn to this particular thread, not sure why...!)

misspensinger

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »
You are so silly Ty!! :P :D 

BTW, I like Zeke/Tom's role in these past few epi's.  He seems to be the one reminding Ben of reality and bringing back down to earth. 

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 05:20:42 PM »
Sounds to me like they didn't have a clue about the Swan or the EM experiments. Which begs the question; What happened to the ones that did?  :-\