Author Topic: locke's age: 60????!!  (Read 7095 times)

Offline bhn

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
locke's age: 60????!!
« on: October 19, 2006, 01:08:42 AM »
Locke is 60? do you think this is right?
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=202
(it says it on all the gun permits)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: locke's age: 60????!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 01:27:54 AM »
no he is 58   it is still 2004 on the island   its only been like 67 days since the plain has crashed    (they said the actual number of days last week just cant remember}

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »
I think this is a prop error.  If you look at his driver's license (which is in the same screencap), his birthday is supposed to be 1956, I think.  That would make a lot more sense for him to be 48.  Even 58 would make him older than his character is supposed to be, I think.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 01:35:22 AM »
i dont think prop error  but perposly put there to show us that the papers are fake

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 01:44:07 AM »
He was working and living on some comune that dealt with illegal drugs, good reason to have a fake id. But do you fake an id with your real name, seems like a bad idea.

Did I just contradict myself?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 01:47:14 AM »
no it made sence

and you are right  bad idea to use your real name on fake id's

mindsparkle

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:55:29 AM »
Locke or rather the actor that play's him in reality is 54 (2006) years old... He seems to fit the early 50's age group...  I agree with Pandora...

Offline dymonaz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »
aha. sure. you make fake papers, which don't look real enough (we noticed the mistake - the cop didn't?! come on)

scrod

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 02:04:21 AM »
If they had an operation going on, wouldn't the local police know about it?  Was the cop just there to bust John rocks so Eddie gould gain his trust?

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:12 AM »
If they had an operation going on, wouldn't the local police know about it?  Was the cop just there to bust John rocks so Eddie gould gain his trust?
That would be my guess.  The "local police" is probably the Sheriff's department in the county for that location (I don't recall the name of the town) which may be unincorporated.  Even here in San Diego, the Sheriff's department responds to certain calls instead of "local police." 

BlackrockBob

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 08:45:42 AM »
I think Locke has to be in his 50s, although we know there is no continuity with Lost.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
If Locke is 58, his mother would have been six when she birthed him:
64Y BPC
10/15/1940    Emily Annabeth Locke born [1x19]

Surprising to have so prominent a prop error with such a large show internet following. 
I had some other suggestions, but you guys have already ruled one of them out...
1. Is this the real drivers license of the actor (an old one that has expired).  He is covering up his name in the shot.  But you guys have already said that his real age is 54.  That license would only make him 50 (currently).
2. His mom was also a con, or not really his mom. She faked her paperwork to get back into the Mental Hospital as part of John's Con. Making her age irrelevant. 

Thoughts?  Is there a way to get a confirmation on a prop error??[/color]

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »
If Locke is 58, his mother would have been six when she birthed him:
64Y BPC
10/15/1940    Emily Annabeth Locke born [1x19]

Surprising to have so prominent a prop error with such a large show internet following. 
I had some other suggestions, but you guys have already ruled one of them out...
1. Is this the real drivers license of the actor (an old one that has expired).  He is covering up his name in the shot.  But you guys have already said that his real age is 54.  That license would only make him 50 (currently).
2. His mom was also a con, or not really his mom. She faked her paperwork to get back into the Mental Hospital as part of John's Con. Making her age irrelevant. 

Thoughts?  Is there a way to get a confirmation on a prop error??[/color]

Sledge may ahve to redo his timeline when he gets back as he has him what 48,we have a whole topic threadin lost talk on continuity errors may want to go there....doesn't add up does it?

me4president404

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
i dont think prop error  but perposly put there to show us that the papers are fake
yeah i mean if u r breaking the law why still obey it a little? minds as well go all out right? ;) and the producers do say that everything is for a reason.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »
locke was picked for having no criminal record to be manipulated he left the money from his dad in hotel,i think he would put real birthdate.