Author Topic: NO MORE Magnet...no more special healing powers  (Read 3705 times)

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
NO MORE Magnet...no more special healing powers
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
so now that the big magnet in the hatch has finally gone off the haywire, could it be that the islands magical healing powers are gone>>>

Offline Hanso

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: NO MORE Magnet...no more special healing powers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:32:56 PM »
haha i was just thinking that too! what if there was a change in polarity (hence flyin hatch door as discussed in another thread), would that mean that Rose's cancer and Lockes leg problems will start developing again next season??

Offline nightfly2000

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:08:59 PM »
How do we know that the magnet has been destroyed? Even better, how do we know that the magnet is the source of healling?
These are good Questions, only time will tell.........one theory i had was that time goes back 108 minutes when the last time the button was pushed.....

Offline AlwaysLOST4ever

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:13:26 AM »
so now that the big magnet in the hatch has finally gone off the haywire, could it be that the islands magical healing powers are gone>>>

What will happen?  It will be interesting to see.

Offline intimate rush

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
after the explostion, sun on the boat
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 05:48:18 PM »
now the magnetic field has been blown up, does this mean all the strange but good things will change? i.e.
if locke is still alive, will be still be able to walk?
will mary die of cancer
and will sun loose the baby?, maybe this is the reason we didnt see the boat because she was having a stomach pains.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: after the explostion, sun on the boat
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »
Klevin did say that by turning the key "all this goes away" back to the way it was. At first I thought it might have meant that it resets the clock but perhaps it resets the island.

Offline intimate rush

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »
but there must have been a HUGE  explosion because of what happened to the blast door

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 06:48:20 PM »
now the magnetic field has been blown up, does this mean all the strange but good things will change? i.e.
if locke is still alive, will be still be able to walk?
will mary die of cancer
and will sun loose the baby?, maybe this is the reason we didnt see the boat because she was having a stomach pains.
Who's Mary?

And I don't quite follow your logic behind not showing the boat because of Sun (maybe) having stomach pains. Besides, the fertility problems were Jin's, not Sun's. Once she's pregnant she's able to keep and carry the baby, even if Jin becomes infertile again.

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 08:08:17 PM »
Mary... u mean Rose haah

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 03:29:04 AM »
congrat's  jordangr7 on the big 500
you are a true survivor
 ;D

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
thanks, please come join me in the survivor lounge soon, its getting a tad lonely

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 04:09:21 AM »
I am working hard to get there

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

it was my thinking all along that the station was built to regulate or harness some naturally occuring electro magnetic field. pushing the button every so often my do somthing like discharging a capacitor or somthing along those lines(Like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer becomes morbidly obese to go on disability and fails to vent the radioactive gas). i think that the magnetism will still be there but Hanso can no longer experiment on, or contain it. i think that we will soon findout what exactly the swan station was for when the castaways search through the wreckage to find Locke and Eko.

The magnetism will still be there.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 12:46:06 AM »
IF Locke can't walk out on his own and Ekois carryig him out of the hatch we will have our answer. :)

Offline HCRhino

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 12:14:32 AM »
The magnetic force on the island is naturally occuring hence it will continue.  Darhma was there to harness the force with the swan station.  The purpose of the swan is the question and now what if the swan is destroyed.  To the purpose: Desmond thinks the magnet attracts (crashing 185 when he failed input) but what if it is designed to repel?  Perhaps a meteor, or cosmic radiation from a depleted ozone layer, now is all of mankind doomed unless they can bring swan back on line...