Author Topic: Utopia  (Read 1762 times)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Utopia
« on: June 01, 2014, 02:38:54 AM »
The first season was just 6 episodes and aired about a year ago. It's the best thing I've seen on tv in a long time. It hits the ground running and keeps going. Mysterious and intense, music, story, acting, cinematography, this thing hits on all cylinders, imho. Here's the teaser trailer on YouTube.

BluRay and DVD for season 1 is available but I don't see that it is available streaming anywhere. It's a Channel 4 (BBC) show so they may air season 1 again soon on BBC America. The airdate for season 2 has not been announced but is expected to debut in early July from what I've heard.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Utopia
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »
I see that there's a YouTube user that has posted Utopia series 1. Not sure if it's an approved channel or how long these episodes will be up, but there they are.

The BBC deosn't rate shows but I'd say Utopia would be TV-MA, Mature Audiences: violence and language. I don't like shows with gratuitous use of either but I think in this case it serves the story. The show caught some attention last year when it aired for a controversial scene and it's general, erm, intensity.

It a story about people who know each other from an online forum and get drawn together IRL. I mean, c'mon!  ;D

Utopia - Episode 1
Utopia - Episode 2
Utopia - Episode 3
Utopia - Episode 4
Utopia - Episode 5
Utopia - Episode 6

Episode 3 was not found on that YouTube channel but I found it streaming from another source, standard def tho.

Here's to hoping I can get you hooked on Utopia. The first series was only 6 episodes. I'm re-watching it now.

They haven't announced an exact date for series 2 yet but early July seems likely.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:22 PM »
I see that there's a YouTube user that has posted Utopia series 1. Not sure if it's an approved channel or how long these episodes will be up, but there they are.

The BBC deosn't rate shows but I'd say Utopia would be TV-MA, Mature Audiences: violence and language. I don't like shows with gratuitous use of either but I think in this case it serves the story. The show caught some attention last year when it aired for a controversial scene and it's general, erm, intensity.

It a story about people who know each other from an online forum and get drawn together IRL. I mean, c'mon!  ;D

Utopia - Episode 1
Utopia - Episode 2
Utopia - Episode 3
Utopia - Episode 4
Utopia - Episode 5
Utopia - Episode 6

Episode 3 was not found on that YouTube channel but I found it streaming from another source, standard def tho.

Here's to hoping I can get you hooked on Utopia. The first series was only 6 episodes. I'm re-watching it now.

They haven't announced an exact date for series 2 yet but early July seems likely.

Thanks for the links.  I actually looked for it on Netflix and Prime and didn't find it. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »