Author Topic: Once Upon a Time  (Read 2943 times)

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Once Upon a Time
« on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:01 PM »
Oh how I've missed this forum!  I tried to find other forums since, but they just don't compare to this one.  Welcome back all, and how about what feels like a Lost spinoff, Once Upon a Time?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:17:10 AM »
It's great to have SWLS back online. I've missed y'all too. I thought Once Upon A Time started out great and very Lost-ish with the parallel stories between Storybrooke and Fairy Tale Land (FTL) in season 1, but I became less enamored with it as they got distracted with spinning off OUAT in Wonderland. That said, I think the finale of S3 was great. I'm paying closer attention to it again. Who'd a thunk that ring would be so important? screencaps from OUAT 106

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Yeah, I had only watched the first episode of the Wonderland, but it didn't capture me like the main one. Looking forward till the next season!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »
I didn't like Alice in the spin off.
But OUT has kept my interest.  Now this new season will be Frozen and I hope that they Maleficent the following.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
Wait, for some reason I was thinking that Maleficent was in the basement of that building down that one elevator. Am I wrong? Turned into a dragon of some sort? Emma's first act of bravery with the sword, no? I could be wrong. I don't watch episodes multiple times, so I don't remember some things.

And the part of the season in Neverland was like YAWN. I was dying because all they did was walk through the forest and the whole Love-conquers-all storyline got SUPER overdone to the point of super-cheese. They needed a new schtick. I really liked the wicked witch stuff, though. And like with LOST, I am annoyed by the Claire/Belle actress. (Don't tell JBRam.) So, the real season finale (by this, I mean the conclusion to the storyline/plot) for S3 was the episode prior to the end because when you end with that, everything wraps up nicely and you can quit watching just fine, but then when you watch the actual last episode, you have in fact cursed yourself into a cliffhanger. The writers use witchcraft like that to capture us into their spell.

Thanks for starting this thread because I love to watch and complain about this show, and I am really good at "calling it" before it happens on the show, much to the dismay of the people with whom I watch the show because I'm like: Ohmygosh! That's Marian! like five minutes before they tell you on the show. I love/hate this show.

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
Yes, Maleficent has been on the show. Can't remember off the top of my head when it was or what was her fate.  I love the twists and combinations of the different fairy tales, and seeing Lost actors and Lost props and other Easter eggs.  The thing that made the Peter Pan portion somewhat bearable was the Peter Pan actor...very convincingly evil!  And what an imagination, to have Peter Pan actually be Rumpelstiltskin's dad!  I do wish Claire/Belle was not so...Stockholmed.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
I couldn't stand the Peter Pan character.
Oh I didn't know Malificent was on before and I watch this all the time.

Can't wait for Frozen as this should prove to be interesting.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
...I do wish Claire/Belle was not so...Stockholmed.

YES. Ditto. Amen.

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
Believe it or not, I have not seen Frozen yet. (Schoolwork) I just saw a movie for the first time last weekend in the theater since thanksgiving! (X-men) But Frozen is on my list of things to see, and at the top of said list.

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »
I've really enjoyed most of OuT. 

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
Malificent was seen early in season 1 when Regina paid her a visit to procure the dark curse.

YouTube clip

Early on I got into OUAT and did some screencaps for awhile. Like LOST there was a lot of detail in the props and set dressing. I remember waiting for Regina to get busted for keeping that heart box on her office desk. An early easter egg, the town clock stopped at 8:15, is in this set of pics from OUAT 102.

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
How about that season 4 opener? I recently rented Frozen so that I would know what was going on. Promises to be an interesting season, I think!