Author Topic: Orphan Black  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Orphan Black
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »
Even though I am currently two episodes behind (the show is currently Season 2, episode 4), I've really enjoyed Orphan Black.  It reminds me a little of Alias (strong female lead, international intrigue).  It is a Canadian show (based in Toronto) and has a good pace.  If you haven't found it yet, it airs on BBC America.  AND... if you have Amazon Prime, you can watch season 1 for free!  (I plane-binged to get through the first season.)

Any other fans out there?

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Orphan Black
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:42:35 PM »
I've watched the first episode of season 1. Was ok. Haven't been able to make time to continue yet but will do so.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:11 PM »
I have watched Season 1.  I'm a big fan.  It gets a lot stronger as season 1 rolls on.  I plan to binge watch season 2.  It reminds me of Alias as well. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
I'm totally hooked on Orphan Black as well.  Glad you brought it up, Holland!  If you hadn't, I was going to.  :)

It's a pretty cool concept and I'm hoping it goes somewhere interesting with the sci-fi.  What blows me away is just how incredible the lead actress is (Tatiana Maslany).  Playing multiple characters at once with that much subtlety has got to be impossible.  She is Emmy-worthy, in my book.