Author Topic: No Babies on Island = Already DEAD  (Read 3926 times)

Offline medusa_eyes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
No Babies on Island = Already DEAD
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
I think they all died with the crash of 815 and they were being tested in a kind of purgatory. Here are some hints, No women could have babies on the island,cancers and other ailments were cured, and the island was difficult to leave.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: No Babies on Island = Already DEAD
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »
Ben pretty much said it was tough to leave because Jacob made it that way.  Why it healed people - see the Rose / Bernard flashback episode - that faith healer in Australia explained certain pockets of energy around the world have a healing effect.  We know the island had a big energy pocket.  As to the fertility issue, I've no idea.

Offline medusa_eyes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:07:24 PM »
Ben pretty much said it was tough to leave because Jacob made it that way.  Why it healed people - see the Rose / Bernard flashback episode - that faith healer in Australia explained certain pockets of energy around the world have a healing effect.  We know the island had a big energy pocket.  As to the fertility issue, I've no idea.
I Agree with you as well but I was just saying they were dead the whole time. They could have lived in this other dimension known as the "island" with mystical powers but Dead is Dead.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »
No... they weren't already dead. What happened on the island, happened.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
I Agree with you as well but I was just saying they were dead the whole time. They could have lived in this other dimension known as the "island" with mystical powers but Dead is Dead.
I need to rewatch tonight but I am pretty sure Christian affirmed that everything that happened on the island took place in reality.  They were not dead at that time.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:23:54 PM »
I need to rewatch tonight but I am pretty sure Christian affirmed that everything that happened on the island took place in reality.  They were not dead at that time.
Except for Christian, who WAS dead at that time :)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
I think they all died with the crash of 815 and they were being tested in a kind of purgatory. Here are some hints, No women could have babies on the island,cancers and other ailments were cured, and the island was difficult to leave.

They were not all dead. All those other things there can be explained with critical thinking.....Uh-oh getting cranky. Off for some caffeine.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:45:56 PM »

And than they died again on the island?

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 01:58:04 PM »

And than they died again on the island?
No, I mean, in the island timeline, everyone still on the island (really only Ben and Hurley) were still alive at the end of the episode.  The implication was they later died.  Those that left on the Ajira plane its also implied lived their lives and died at some later point.

Offline Lostatwork

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
Don't forget... Claire gave birth on the island! 

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
And Sun got pregnant.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Don't forget... Claire gave birth on the island! 
does Amy count?

Offline medusa_eyes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
And Sun got pregnant.
On this "mystical" island/ waiting room..... for heaven

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »
And Sun got pregnant.

No, she got pregnant on a real island. It was the alt timeline that was the waiting room

Offline medusa_eyes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »
And Sun got pregnant.

No, she got pregnant on a real island. It was the alt timeline that was the waiting room
"waiting room" was figurative...