Author Topic: Fox's "24"  (Read 23340 times)

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Fox's "24"
« on: May 06, 2006, 05:33:20 PM »
Yes, I know I am an above average Lost fan but 24 on fox is definitely stealing the thunder.  I guess the format is so much more amazing than "Lost."  Lost jumps around even though I like flashbacks.....the relevence is pointless until we get some answers on why the heck they got on the Island in the first place!  24 has structure to each episode being an hour and the entire season is one day.  Jack must save the day as a Government CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) agent working to protect the United States.  Action packed with non stop danger. 

Jack Baur Owns

I guess what I'm saying is that if you like "Lost" try "24" only a few episodes left for both series but you can always rent past seasons!

Offline WayLost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Fox's "24"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »
i agree with you 24 is an awsome fast pace show.  But lost is different.  To me at least it seems deeper.  That there are more levels to it.  24 has Jack Bauer saving the world. and he saves it every year.  and god bless hime for it.  I love 24 and i love lost.  But to compare the two is like comparing apples to sledgehammers.

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:59:21 PM »
i agree with you waylost- they are totally different shows

Every season of Lost is intertwined...if you started watching starting the third season you would be well Lost

In 24 the seasons really dont need to connect together... i started watching 4th season and what had happened in the 3 previous didnt really matter
also- as exciting as it is, the plot in 24 is somewhat the same every season... it basically follows the same path with a different WMD...and we all know Jack isnt going to die, and in the end he will save the day- like last season when he supposedly "died" at the end... i didnt for one second think he was actually dead
Still i think 24 gives you your hours worth of TV everytime, and rarely disappoints

Lost meanwhile...the exciting part of each episode could be toned down to a 10 minute section...yet this does make the viewer crave for more... I mean i think about lost alot more than i do 24 during the week.

I'd say if i had to choose, i would choose Lost, just because i have no freggin idea what will happen in the next three episodes... in 24 i know everything will be ok cuz jack bauer will save the day

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 09:08:43 PM »
season finale tommorow... ohh schnikeys(that good)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:13:35 AM by jordangr7 »

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 11:21:53 PM »
all i can say about that finale is woooooowowowowoooooooooooow. i mean jesus christ 24 just kicked it up a notch!... everthing that i said in that previous post about 24 being predictable is totally erroneous now! totally did not expect that type of finale at all

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:23:33 PM »
all i can say about that finale is woooooowowowowoooooooooooow. i mean jesus christ 24 just kicked it up a notch!... everthing that i said in that previous post about 24 being predictable is totally erroneous now! totally did not expect that type of finale at all

Oh man what a great ending.....just crazy!  I'm watching and thinking why would Jack's daughter be calling....then he's jumped.  I totally think Curtis will bail him out...since he is the Senoir CTU agent now!  Till January...man

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 08:56:58 PM »

Oh man what a great ending.....just crazy!  I'm watching and thinking why would Jack's daughter be calling....then he's jumped.  I totally think Curtis will bail him out...since he is the Senoir CTU agent now!  Till January...man

Day 6... Agent Rooney gets a crash course on how to be just like Jack, and Bill finds out that Karen Hayes is now pregnant with his child... or is it really his?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:35:41 PM »
i agree with you waylost- they are totally different shows

Every season of Lost is intertwined...if you started watching starting the third season you would be well Lost

In 24 the seasons really dont need to connect together... i started watching 4th season and what had happened in the 3 previous didnt really matter

Lost meanwhile...the exciting part of each episode could be toned down to a 10 minute section...yet this does make the viewer crave for more... I mean i think about lost alot more than i do 24 during the week.

couldnt have said it better myself, though i edited out what i wouldnt have said lol

i dont expect the plot to really change in 24 and i'm fine with that, Jack comes in and saves the day, add in a couple one handed choke holds, a few terrorists, and a government cover up, and you have a season of 24, and thats fine, i like the way they keep it fresh with new characters and twists with the terrorists

Lost is one big mystery, and will take time to tell the story, which is nice, and makes you think, i am always thinking about lost each day at some point, because there is just so much going on you have to, i like that you cant pick it up in between seasons

now add in house on tuesdays, and the office on thursdays and you have a stellar week of TV

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 06:02:09 AM »
season finale tommorow... ohh schnikeys(that good)

you have done well!  8)

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 06:48:35 PM »
guess i cant use completely my online vocab on this site, although i dont know why rotfpmsl is allowed, i mean thats just gross

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 06:49:57 PM »
guess i cant use completely my online vocab on this site, although i dont know why rotfpmsl is allowed, i mean thats just gross

they're trusting enough to let us type stuff without it being censored, the least we could offer is consideration on a family rated site

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 07:01:27 PM »
truth be told, ure getting dangerously close(1) to 600, in the chat room it actually censors, i tried to say "damn" and it *^%& me

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »
truth be told, ure getting dangerously close(1) to 600, in the chat room it actually censors, i tried to say "damn" and it *^%& me

i apologize in advance, i tend to use some words that i guess could be censored, are there children on this site??

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »

i apologize in advance, i tend to use some words that i guess could be censored, are there children on this site??

i'm only 23, if that counts... but there are some pg-13's... i think

Offline jordangr7

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 07:55:40 PM »
i dunno, ireally doubt theres people in here under 13, and in this day, they def say some stuff