Author Topic: Why 3.2 million, Miles and Ben meeting  (Read 15376 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Why 3.2 million, Miles and Ben meeting
« on: February 21, 2008, 11:11:57 PM »
Just want to know what people think the reasoning was 3.2  there has to be a reason.  Thats why they made Ben ask why

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Why 3.2 million, Miles and Ben meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »
maybe it is an eater egg reference to time. The way I see it there is a big time laps, when they are on the Island Arron is only 3 months old, yet after Kate's trial he appears 3 or 4 years old. They really wouldn't wait that long to arrest Kate and arrange trial. Maybe there is a time difference of 3.2 years? I don't know it just seemed like the 3.2 meant something to both Ben and Miles.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:26:22 PM »
because 3.2 million usd$ = 288.8 million albion lekes$

after the real estate taxes on the 1500 bedroom house it leaves just enuff to get a new paint job from earl sheibb on the vw bus

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »
because 3.2 million usd$ = 288.8 million albion lekes$

after the real estate taxes on the 1500 bedroom house it leaves just enuff to get a new paint job from earl sheibb on the vw bus

You may just be on to something here...  ;)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:38 PM »
if you google 3.2 million dollars in google the first hit is about nanotechology- an early theory on what smokie was, but as far as i know the producers denied nanotechnology.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:44 PM »
maybe it is an eater egg reference to time. The way I see it there is a big time laps, when they are on the Island Arron is only 3 months old, yet after Kate's trial he appears 3 or 4 years old. They really wouldn't wait that long to arrest Kate and arrange trial. Maybe there is a time difference of 3.2 years? I don't know it just seemed like the 3.2 meant something to both Ben and Miles.

maybe the freighties dont get them off the island and the leave by some other means, I mean hell we've got 2 and 3 quarters seasons left to go. A lot could happen in that span.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »

I had this thought for a while too,  but we also know it is around 2008 because Kates mom says, the doctors have given me  6 months to live for the last 4 years. So it is atleast for years after the last time she saw her.  which probably wasnt to long before the plain crash.

Also Aaron wouldnt miracoulusly(sp?) get older when they left the island.   If it was only 2 months or so after they left then he would still be only 5 months old or so.   I think for some reason it is that long after they left the island.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
23 is one of the numbers. Could it just be a mirror image of the number 23... with a point in the middle... :-\

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »
and what about them almost starving to death on the island?  how long does that imply the island stay was?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:33:16 PM »

I had this thought for a while too,  but we also know it is around 2008 because Kates mom says, the doctors have given me  6 months to live for the last 4 years. So it is atleast for years after the last time she saw her.  which probably wasnt to long before the plain crash.

Also Aaron wouldnt miracoulusly(sp?) get older when they left the island.   If it was only 2 months or so after they left then he would still be only 5 months old or so.   I think for some reason it is that long after they left the island.

although miraculous aging would explain Walt in this timeframe
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:36:38 PM by hyperform »

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »
Miles said $3.2mil because he needs $3.2. Either Miles is a mercenary and has outstanding debts or Ben has something of value to him worth exactly 3.2 million.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »

although miraculous aging would explain Walt in this timeframe

Didnt really think about this. but the producers did say they have a plan for walt aging and this would work as well with Aaron.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
I think Miles knows about a specific account that Ben has. He knows how much money is in there. By quoting the exact amount, Miles is telling Ben, I know everyting about you.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 11:40:55 PM »
and what exactly did miles mean by "i know what you can do"  does he mean...ben has some ability?  to...uh, conjure money... or that he can leave the island?  and why does ben have wealth in the first place?  unless he is paying for things like the food drops....

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »
I think Miles knows about a specific account that Ben has. He knows how much money is in there. By quoting the exact amount, Miles is telling Ben, I know everyting about you.
That is a really good point. And then when Ben says (PARAPHRASING): "Why do you think I have this kind of money" Miles follows it up by saying "Don't treat me like one of them (points at Kate) I know what you're capable of."