Author Topic: Now they don't have to hold a gun to Ben's head anymore...  (Read 2042 times)

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Now they don't have to hold a gun to Ben's head anymore...
« on: February 15, 2008, 12:19:04 AM »
Since we know he's alive in the future, I guess TPTB won't need the overly dramatic will-they-kill-ben-or-won't-they scenes anymore. They were so much fun though.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Now they don't have to hold a gun to Ben's head anymore...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:20:59 AM »
True.  But now we get to see the even more fun why are they on his side scenes now!

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »
As a huge Ben fan, I must say that I loved this episode!  :D

And boy, did I ever breathe a huge sigh of relief to know that they aren't going to be killing him - what a fantastic ending!

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 07:08:32 AM »
We are slowly removing the near death watch.
So far we know that Jack/Hurley/Kate/Sayid and Ben make it to a point in the future.

I was so hoping that Sayid would shoot Ben at the last second last night.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:58:25 AM by Blackrock Bob »

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 07:25:54 AM »
Yeah, that's probably the main reason this episode was disappointing for me.  As much as I like knowing the answers to things, they ruined any potential speculation anyone would've had by revealing his boss was Ben so quickly.  And it also ruins any tension all of those scenes of Ben on the island will have now.  His life seemed to be teetering on the brink, and it was fun watching him squirm and always manage to hang on by a thread.  They may as well just cut to the chase next episode and make his importance known instead of dragging the prisoner Ben thing on any longer.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
It does not mean that non of them don't die in the future. Either off island or back on craphole island.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:45:31 AM »
Yeah, that's probably the main reason this episode was disappointing for me.  As much as I like knowing the answers to things, they ruined any potential speculation anyone would've had by revealing his boss was Ben so quickly.  And it also ruins any tension all of those scenes of Ben on the island will have now.  His life seemed to be teetering on the brink, and it was fun watching him squirm and always manage to hang on by a thread.  They may as well just cut to the chase next episode and make his importance known instead of dragging the prisoner Ben thing on any longer.

We may have the writer's strike to blame for that... they are (were) squishing some eppys together to get the full fourth season story in.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:32:16 AM »
I believe the first 8 episodes were written prior to the writer's strike.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:37:16 AM »

Could be Kurtis, but I thought I heard a report that they wanted to mesh some of it together to create a suitable season ender at 8 eppys.  I could be wrong on that.   

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »

Could be Kurtis, but I thought I heard a report that they wanted to mesh some of it together to create a suitable season ender at 8 eppys.  I could be wrong on that.   

The first 8 episodes were filmed before the strike and are complete. Those are the epi's we're watching now, as they were originally intended.  Now that he strike is over the plan is to begin filming five more instead of eight more as originally planned.  They will most likely squish the last 8 episode into five episodes from this point on, but I believe the ones we are  watching now have not been altered or changed since the strike.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »
Either way...they are jam packed thus far.  Though I have to admit, I'm beginning to miss Smokey, other strange noises, and animals from nowhere  (cept the bull/cow)

BTW: The enhanced version called that obvious bull a cow as well, what's up with that?

Offline Erin

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »
Whose to say the future Ben isn't like Charlie was in the previous episode.  Maybe he appears to Sayid and gives him orders from the dark side.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »
Whose to say the future Ben isn't like Charlie was in the previous episode.  Maybe he appears to Sayid and gives him orders from the dark side.
Hmmmm.....if Charlie can slap Hurley, Ben can remove a bullet from Sayid....

Very creative thinking. :)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »
I think Hurley just imagined being slapped. He has a history of imaginary people slapping him.

I think it's just a tad more reasonable to assume Ben's alive in the future than it is to assume he's dead, but still pulling bullets out of people.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »
Who says that last night ep. of a Syaid flashback wasn't before Jack's, kate's and Hurley's? We need to remember "who" is in the casket?