Author Topic: So it IS Ben  (Read 7176 times)

Offline witness1111

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: So it IS Ben
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 01:18:47 AM »
if i were Jack i couldn't trust either Ben or Juliet.  Neither one has ever given our losties any reason to trust them.  So Juliet brings Jack a couple of hot meals and bats her eyes and now Jack is suppose to raise his flag on her side of the island?  i don't buy it...these people are too good at character manipulation to all-of-a-sudden be on the up & up now that they each need Jack to be their savior.  

i just can't shake the feeling that Jack is gettin' played by both teams!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 01:20:23 AM »
Very likely, but I would go for the eye batting before Ben. I might be getting played but maybe I get lucky along the way.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 01:31:51 AM »
I so called it... Ben and his tumor...

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Ben told Jack, "I want you to want to operate on me" (or something of the sort). If the tumor was a matter of life and death, wouldn't you think that Ben would do whatever was in his power to have that operation regardless of how Jack felt about him? Instead, he wants Jack to "change his perspective" and do the surgery willingly as if it would help his conscience or some other unknown reason.

Both Ben and Juliet broke character and tried to sell Jack on different truths nad the importance of this operation.  Now it becomes an issue of who to trust.

Chalk one up for me too  i chose ben also 

As far as ben wanting jack to want to save his life
it is the best way to insure that jack will do his absolute best streight forward threats Like  do this or esle  would not give benthe best shot at survival

i am not sure about juliet now  did she really break character or is this her  " really great plan " and was is somehow a compitition between her and ben to see whos plan would work

she mentioned Free Will again tonight i think that Has to be an importaint part of this picture

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 01:35:25 AM »
I agree with the "free will" expression Demra and I'm sure to come to play in a future episode, especially as we learn more about the otheres and what makes them tick.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 01:44:36 AM »
there is a definate Meaning behind Juliet saying it again

i get the impression that it is like her rallying cry to overthrow Ben
if indeed that is her plan and she is not just coning Jack

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 01:51:21 AM »
If that is her plan, she's one clever gal... disguising a video of her with reading cards for a video of "To Kill A Mockingbird"... She's doing her best to foil Ben's plans and maybe she meant to put up those x-rays of his tumor when she took Jack into the room to ry to save Colleen... Unless this is all one big extremely large con engineered by Ben or a higher power... Juliet is definitely someone to watch out for and I'm not exactly sure if I trust ehr 100%.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:32 AM »
she has been working a " different plan "  the whole time
at first i thought it was just a
" my plan is better then yours " thing between ben and juliet  but now i am thinking that it has always been her objective to use jack to kill Ben

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 02:54:22 AM »
Poor Jack... getting used/tricked left and right by both Ben and Juliet... and not for his body, they want him for his mind and handy spinal surgery skills....

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 02:55:24 AM »
LOL i know  it sucks  Jack cant catch a break when it comes to the ladies  LOL

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 09:59:29 PM »
I don't trust Juliette at all - or Ben.

He saw the power struggle in the hatch between Jack and Locke and he has recreated it with Juliette to test Jack and see if he is willing to perform surgery to the best of his ability, or if he could be tempted to kill Ben on the operating table.

And it's a bit risky of Juliette to spell all her plans out on giant cards and videotape it - she'd have to dispose of those fairly quick and very well to make sure Ben didn't find out. If all of the others wanted rid of him as well they wouldn't need Jack to kill him.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 02:27:53 AM »
Congrats on the right call, I was wrong. Lost tricked me by actually being truthfull in its preview.

this is funny coming from you. :)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 02:35:36 AM »
Exactly, give them a place to live and some food, and Jack would of done it for sure. The answer is that they have lots to hide. The losties would of had tons of question of why are they there, can't they get off the island or communicate. They are hiding a lot.

I think Julliette is being honest with Jack that she wants Ben to die, the reasons for her wanting Ben to die may be deceptive.

some of the new previews on YouTube show Juliet telling Jack that Ben's Xrays were only a week old.  The Others had already established themselves as enemies (by kidnapping Claire & Walt & the other kids, killing Nathan, hanging Charlie, killing Scott, etc.) by that time.  & I agree with Jugdish...they are hiding something.

Michelle13

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 06:31:20 AM »
So how long have the losties been on the island and how long has the tumor been there? I'm getting confused. Help me shoot down yet another "theory" in my mind here please. Ben finds out he has a tumor and 2 days later Jack falls from the sky. 67 days later??...they capture Jack? But the xrays were done one week ago? (Island time) So how did he find out about the tumor 2 days before the crash? I'm just confused. Help me get my timeline right please.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 01:08:27 PM »
They could be talking about a different set of x-rays. It is an agressive tumor. You would keep taking x-rays to monitor its growth

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »
So how long have the losties been on the island and how long has the tumor been there? I'm getting confused. Help me shoot down yet another "theory" in my mind here please. Ben finds out he has a tumor and 2 days later Jack falls from the sky. 67 days later??...they capture Jack? But the xrays were done one week ago? (Island time) So how did he find out about the tumor 2 days before the crash? I'm just confused. Help me get my timeline right please.

sorry, Chelle.  I know...I'm confusing myself!  ??? :) ??? Hopefully this week's episode will give some clarity.  That may have been his MOST RECENT set of x-rays or something.