Author Topic: Hurley's Deja Vu / Desmond's E.S.P.?  (Read 13122 times)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Hurley's Deja Vu / Desmond's E.S.P.?
« on: October 18, 2006, 11:19:11 PM »
Desmond can see into the future? Locke's still obsessed with the island, and Saywer's gonna get it. Well, it all makes sense now.  ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Desmond--Psychic?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
Des seemed to know about Locke's speech before it happened. He also was uncertain about what would happen if he used the failsafe... Is this because he's normally certain of everything?

My question: Is Desmond psychic? If so, has he been all along, or is this a new thing?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond e.s.p.?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 11:20:58 PM »
Oops... I just posted this a second ago... Maybe they'll mix them.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:37:06 AM by JBRam »

BlackrockBob

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:22:27 PM »
Not really esp, but he either had precognition or he was displaced in time after the hatch imploded.

BlackrockBob

Re: Desmond--Psychic?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:23:49 PM »
I should cut and paste my responses...
He could have precognition, or he might be just have had been thrown forward/backward in time from the failsafe. Not sure, but I think it's more time travelish. Why was he naked?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:37:22 PM »
Im not so sure about anything that anyone here has said so far.  Im think and alwas have thought that Desmond is part of the others group but was wanting to help the losties get away.  Somehow he knew that Locke was gonna give a speech, Or maybe he saw what is gonna happen in the future as he turned the key.         i dont know im all confused after tonights episode.

Offline bhn

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:17 PM »
Not really esp, but he either had precognition or he was displaced in time after the hatch imploded.
I think thats reading too much into it, but given this island its possible
It could just be the power of the island or something
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 12:09:20 AM by bhn »

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 11:40:35 PM »
Desmond is exhibiting the same precognitive abilities that Juliet has demonstrated in the first two episodes.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 11:54:34 PM »
I don't know that Desmond had this ability before, though (like Juliet).  He seemed a little dazed when he said that to Hurley.  I like the idea of him being displaced in time because of the implosion.  Maybe this is another explanation for where his clothes have gone? 

He wasn't listening to Locke's speech when we saw him give it though, so in real time, he didn't actually stand there to hear him say he would rescue the others. 
Interesting...

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 12:02:38 AM »
man this episode just made things extremely wierd... i mean if i was desmond my first instinct would be to get out of hurleys smelly shirt and get some real clothes on... and what the hell was up with the poloar bear?! and the dharma pearl skeleton? was that a carcass? i mean if it was a carcass wouldnt it be all torn apart? im so confused..

Offline bhn

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »
Desmond is exhibiting the same precognitive abilities that Juliet has demonstrated in the first two episodes.
when did juliet have those abilities? is my memory just not serving me right or did i totally miss them?
also could just have been in a dream he had, its like the island is telling them everything they need in bits and pieces but they all have to come together to find out

Offline witness1111

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 12:20:44 AM »
I should cut and paste my responses...
He could have precognition, or he might be just have had been thrown forward/backward in time from the failsafe. Not sure, but I think it's more time travelish. Why was he naked?

my first impression was also along the lines of a time-travelish thing. could be something to the effect of desmond getting briefly bumped forward in time and now the rest of our losties have caught up with him.

this made much more sense in my head than it does when i type it out for the world to read.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 12:23:24 AM »
I was thinking the same thing: When did Juliet ever do anything like Desmond, i.e. telling of an event before it happened like that?

She might be smart, intelligent, but I don't recall anything like precognition.

I just assumed Desmond got this new ability when he turned the key. That whatever strange power was in the electromagnetic properties they were controlling with the button were unleashed when he turned the key.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 12:26:04 AM »
we all know that time travel follows terminator rules.... you can come back, but your clothes need to stay...  ;D

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 01:07:02 AM »
we all know that time travel follows terminator rules.... you can come back, but your clothes need to stay...  ;D

hahaha... too funny...

anyway, i think that the hatch "imploding" somehow caused desmond to become a new person... like somehow he was stripped psychologically (possible esp, change in character/demeanor) and literally (no clothing or belongings)... now the question is, if he does have the ability to see future events, esp or what not, can this be beneficial to our losties and how will desmond factor into the group?