Author Topic: How did Flocke know...  (Read 3480 times)

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
How did Flocke know...
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
...that the sub had sunk?  It's a submarine.  It was already under the water.  And how did he know that everyone had died?  I was kind of under the impression that he could not see the survivors on the beach from the dock, so how did he know?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How did Flocke know...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:54:22 AM »
Pretty sure as soon as all candidates to replace Jacob are killed and all existence is wiped out MiB will have some inclination that that he has won.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 11:33:03 AM »
I got the feeling also that he could sense that some of them had died but not all.  Like there was a loosening of the restraints holding him to the island but he was not yet freed.  He could feel it.  I was picturing Yoda as the Jedi were killed off.  There was a disturbance in the force!   :o

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
I got the feeling also that he could sense that some of them had died but not all.  Like there was a loosening of the restraints holding him to the island but he was not yet freed.  He could feel it.  I was picturing Yoda as the Jedi were killed off.  There was a disturbance in the force!   :o

MAYBE MIB'S NAME IS YODA!!!!!! He travelled across galaxies and time to land on the island and then that pesky Mark Pellegrino tried to bless him with Height and a normal body make up and skin color for the planet and Yoda has been fighting back ever since. ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:44:40 PM »

Exactly.  Like Spidey-Sense or whatever...

But it begs the question of why couldn't he sense that Desmond isn't dead yet?   He seemed to just take Sayid's word for it, although a bit suspiciously.  Maybe he can only sense the death of Candidates...

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

But it begs the question of why couldn't he sense that Desmond isn't dead yet?   He seemed to just take Sayid's word for it, although a bit suspiciously.  Maybe he can only sense the death of Candidates...

I was wondering the same thing. When Locke asked Sayid if Desmond was dead, I felt very apprehensive because I thought, somehow HE WILL KNOW that Sayid is lying. But I think you're right on the money Madame P.  At this point, he is only aware of the candidates...or to push it one step forward mayube he can only sense THE ONE.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »

I was wondering the same thing. When Locke asked Sayid if Desmond was dead, I felt very apprehensive because I thought, somehow HE WILL KNOW that Sayid is lying. But I think you're right on the money Madame P.  At this point, he is only aware of the candidates...or to push it one step forward mayube he can only sense THE ONE.

Very true. I've maintained that MiB can't leave until all the candidates are dead, but I guess he may be able to snuff out existance if all the candidates are either crossed out or dead.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
Please refresh my memory. Didn't Jack say that Flocke could not kill them? (candidates?)  I mean I know Flocke is setting things up so that the outcome is supposed to lead to fatalaties, (where is spellcheck dammit!!!). But the end of last week's scene...it's like he was going to "finish the job" and he had his rifle at the ready. But he can't shoot them for sobbing out loud? Can he go Smokey on them? But can he directly kill the candidates? Yeah. I'm babbling now. Nothing else new with me.  ::)  That's Koko. Full of speculation and positively no answers.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
Maybe he's just getting really, really frustrated.   :)

Like, he knows he can't kill them, but he's gonna shoot them anyway because it'll make him feel better, dammit.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »
He's still got Claire at the helm. She could probably kill the candidates and be within the rules. I think she may play a nice part in MiB's plan.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 01:03:25 PM »
He's still got Claire at the helm. She could probably kill the candidates and be within the rules. I think she may play a nice part in MiB's plan.

And sadly, he will kill her too. I just don't see a happy ending for our Ms. Littleton. :(

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »
Yeah I think Claire is a goner too.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »
Please refresh my memory. Didn't Jack say that Flocke could not kill them? (candidates?)  I mean I know Flocke is setting things up so that the outcome is supposed to lead to fatalaties, (where is spellcheck dammit!!!). But the end of last week's scene...it's like he was going to "finish the job" and he had his rifle at the ready. But he can't shoot them for sobbing out loud? Can he go Smokey on them? But can he directly kill the candidates? Yeah. I'm babbling now. Nothing else new with me.  ::)  That's Koko. Full of speculation and positively no answers.

Maybe he was going off to kill Desmond.  Maybe he did sense that Desmond was still alive.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »
Some people are saying that MIB can't leave until all the candidates are dead, but hasn't that happened in the past - all the past candidates on the island have also died? Or is it only when Jacob AND all the candidates are dead?

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »
Well, yeah, but this is really all the candidates -- the lighthouse wheel was full.  This batch of candidates is the last batch coming through in this little game between MIB and Jacob.  (I don't know that we've been told exactly why that is, but I took it to be the case because of the lighthouse wheel...  there were no blank spaces left for future names on the wheel, and all the names on it  -except for our last few- have been crossed off already.)  It seems to me as if there was some finite number of potential candidates laid out there from the beginning -- like "OK, you get 365 tries, and if all of them die without replacing you, then I get to leave, right?"