Author Topic: Sherlock Holmes  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Sherlock Holmes
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:16:48 AM »
i've now seen this movie twice, and i thought it was great, and it looks like there's a sequel lined up. many people seemed to think that it was going to be just an action movie, and while it did make holmes and action hero, it also stayed pretty true to who holmes was, and what his methods were... thoughts?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:39:59 PM »
I thought it was great, a good take on a usually stuffy character. Don't get me wrong I loved the books, and read them all. I even have some of the old Basil Rathbone movies lying around.

Guy Ritchie is great...minus Swept Away...I guess Revolver was bad also although the story was great. Glad to hear the 2nd movie is green lighted.

Well written and great casting

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
I was surprised at how funny it was too!  Great movie- I too have seen it twice and I am excited for a sequel!

Offline LostinAlaska

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »
i've now seen this movie twice, and i thought it was great, and it looks like there's a sequel lined up. many people seemed to think that it was going to be just an action movie, and while it did make holmes and action hero, it also stayed pretty true to who holmes was, and what his methods were... thoughts?

Yeah I was surprised people were complaining about it being slow or "ok". I thought it was fantastic. It kept my attention, had great wit, and was fun to watch (visually). As for his methods and staying true to the character... I didn't care about any of that, but thought they did good. My hubs and I laughed a little b/c in the books he did like his cocaine. I liked the villain and the backstory. Good plot!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »
Everything I've seen and read say this version is more true to the books...I liked it, loved how it all fit together...everythign was a piece of the story/puzzle...