Author Topic: Could Grandpa Shepard be Sawyer????  (Read 2587 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Could Grandpa Shepard be Sawyer????
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
okay i know we only have seen Grandpa Shepard ion one scene of one episode... Jack was called by the nursing home that his grandfather has left the home once again ... Grandpa claims is that he needs the adventure, even though the childish magic show isnt that entertaining... okay so how do i come up with the idea that it might be Sawyer?? well first off i thought it could be jack himself .. the family resemblence is there obviously... but then Grandpa Shepard said something very revealing.. and too specific to NOT mean anything... well Grandpa is asking Jack why he hasnt coem around much anymore... and then he asks... " what ever happened to that girl  you used to bring around...  you know the one with the (pause) freckles... ?" i mean c'mon how obvious is that????? using the word freckles is too on the nose to go without a second thought. nobody on the show .. nobody has used the words freckles except sawyer talkign about kate... and now Grandpa Shepard uses the same word to ask about kate... hmmm... cmon this has to mean something...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Could Grandpa Shepard be Sawyer????
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »
Sawyer is Jack's grandpa??? I don't think so. Time lines and overall creepiness whould dictact no on that one.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:58 PM »
i'ma have to agree with juggie.

but i have the feeling that grandpa shepherd was on the island before for some reason. why the **** didn't jack bring his grandpa to the island anyway? his grandpa hates it where he is.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
i'ma have to agree with juggie.

but i have the feeling that grandpa shepherd was on the island before for some reason. why the **** didn't jack bring his grandpa to the island anyway? his grandpa hates it where he is.

i agree about the creepyness and timeline stuff that could possibly take some viewers away  but it makes sense... but i do also agree to wonder why jack didnt take his grandpa

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 01:07:25 AM »
jack was told he wouldn't be coming back (to the real world) so why not take his grandpa on the ride :D

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
I understand where you're coming from, BR. The things they repeat are usually important. If Gramps is Sawyer, that means Sawyer would somehow have to travel back in time to... um... like, 1920 or something. Which isn't impossible on this show, in the least, lol. What I'm having trouble believing is the whole soap-opera vibe it has. That would mean that Sawyer basically produces his own frenemy, which also isn't impossible on this show, but I think that's too big a plot line for the time they have left. I don't think it would be an important thing to tie into the rest of everything we need to know to wrap things up, but it's too important to stand on its own as an aside. Does that make sense?... like, it would be an awesome twist if we didn't have so much other stuff to know.  :-\

That being said, I think they made him ask about Kate by saying "freckles" because they didn't want him to seem too lucid. He couldn't remember her name, but could remember an outstanding quality... obviously her freckles, since Sawyer picked that characteristic, too. Then we, as the audience, also knew he was talking about Kate and not some other girl, without saying her name. And I don't remember, but did we know it was a flash forward instead of a flashback by the time he said it? Cause if not, mentioning the girl with freckles is a dead giveaway that it's a flash forward.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »
No bloody way. 

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 02:23:51 AM »
I understand where you're coming from, BR. The things they repeat are usually important. If Gramps is Sawyer, that means Sawyer would somehow have to travel back in time to... um... like, 1920 or something. Which isn't impossible on this show, in the least, lol. What I'm having trouble believing is the whole soap-opera vibe it has. That would mean that Sawyer basically produces his own frenemy, which also isn't impossible on this show, but I think that's too big a plot line for the time they have left. I don't think it would be an important thing to tie into the rest of everything we need to know to wrap things up, but it's too important to stand on its own as an aside. Does that make sense?... like, it would be an awesome twist if we didn't have so much other stuff to know.  :-\

That being said, I think they made him ask about Kate by saying "freckles" because they didn't want him to seem too lucid. He couldn't remember her name, but could remember an outstanding quality... obviously her freckles, since Sawyer picked that characteristic, too. Then we, as the audience, also knew he was talking about Kate and not some other girl, without saying her name. And I don't remember, but did we know it was a flash forward instead of a flashback by the time he said it? Cause if not, mentioning the girl with freckles is a dead giveaway that it's a flash forward.

i see where you are coming from ... and like we agreed upon that repeated things are important smetimes... also we knew it was the oceanic 6 storyline.. jack went to him and he gave jack his fathers shoes to put on locke.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaa... No.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 07:06:17 PM »
Freckles are a very distingushing feature... And I believe it was the writer's way of telling us that the girl WAS "Kate".  But no way is Grandpa Shepard Sawyer...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
I believe they just had that scene so Jack could get the shoes to put on Locke.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »
Freckles are a very distingushing feature... And I believe it was the writer's way of telling us that the girl WAS "Kate".  But no way is Grandpa Shepard Sawyer...
Well didn't Jacob call her Kate or the store keeper say he was going to call her mom and he had her name and all.  And her friend called her Katie too? or did i dream this

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
Jacob and her friend both called her Katie

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
Well didn't Jacob call her Kate or the store keeper say he was going to call her mom and he had her name and all.  And her friend called her Katie too? or did i dream this

Just to clarify what I meant...  Grandpa Shepard didn't know Kate's name so he had to describe her, and he used a feature that few women have... Freckles.  That's the same reason Sawyer used it.  It doesn't make them the same person.