Author Topic: Zombieland  (Read 4436 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Zombieland
« on: September 17, 2009, 11:16:31 PM »
I like a good drama like anyone...a little plot and and heavy thinker movie...I like them all, but a good zombie movie takes it...
I hope it's a good one...

http://www.zombieland.com/

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Zombieland
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:28:02 PM »
I am so excited about this movie. Zombies might be replacing vampires as the cool new undead thing, and I can't wait.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 12:02:48 AM »
In my book zombies have always topped vampires...;D in the movies...

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
I loved Buffy, but when Shaun of the Dead came out, zombies quickly became my number 1.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »
I agree with Lou. Zombie beat all undead beings hands down. Dawn Of The Dead FTW!

This looks like more of a comedic zombie movie which I am alright with as long as they make it both violent and funny. And putting Woody Harrelson in it is a good first step.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:46:26 PM by grizn0 »

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »
Have you seen the trailer? It will definitely be funny AND violent. I'm just not too sure about the guy in it, he was in Adventureland and I thought that was an awful movie.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »
Yeah I've seen it. When I say violent though I mean I wanna see the brain flying out haha. They can't really show that on TV.

I didn't see Adventureland but I love Bill Hader so I was planning on watching it. Not good eh?

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »
Bill Hader wasn't really in much of it, but when he was, he was great. I just didn't like Kristen Stewart, I think, because to me she was basically playing the same character she plays in Twilight... angsty teen, indifferent and self-destructive. She even does the same stuttering thing that she does in Twilight.  :-\ I didn't really like her in either movie. I'm not sure she can act. But anyway, the kid in Zombieland is the same kid from Adventureland, and it looks like he's being typecast now, too.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
Sucks for him. He looks like a Michael Cera wannabe anyway.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »
Nobody else can be Michael Cera, he rocked in Arrested Development.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Nick and Norah wasn't too bad either. I heard the AD movie is back on. And I read this on Perez Hilton so it MUST be true lol.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
Ummm, you liked Nick & Nora?  :-\ some of the music was good I thought, but that was about it.

What are things coming to when Perez Hilton is the reigning expert on ANYthing?! Except d-baggy-ness.  ::) *self-censored for the kiddles*

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »
Yeah I thought it was ok. Couple funny parts in it. I mean, it wasn't the greatest movie in the world by any means. But yeah, I went into it thinking I was gonna hate it and I didn't so I was surprised.

Honestly, I don't know how or where he gets his information but he's always got it first. *Shudders* sexual favors?

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »
LOL! I wouldn't doubt it comes from sexual favors, people are into all kinds of things.  ::) Maybe that was my issue with that movie, I went into it thinking it was gonna ROCK, and it let me down. But the same thing happened with Burn After Reading, I wanted to rip my eyeballs out of my head after that movie. It reminded me of that crappy Jack Nicholson movie "The Pledge", where I sat through it saying to myself, "No, there has to be more to this movie, something is going to happen and I'm actually going to care about this..." so when it ended I was dumbstruck and angry.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »
You didn't like Burn After Reading!?!? Oh man, I LOVED that movie. Mostly because almost nothing happened. I thought it was awesome how like everyone was so concerned with this CD and thinking it was really important info but really it was just John Malkcovich's memoires lol. So many people died over it and it was completely useless information. And Clooney and Pitt's only scene together was brilliant. Clooney goes the whole movie telling people he's never had to use his gun and then... that happens. Hilarious. I even went into that movie thinking it was going to rock too but it totally threw me for a loop. It rocked in a complete different way than I expected.