Author Topic: Somethign about the timeline doesnt add up... lil help?  (Read 8642 times)

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Somethign about the timeline doesnt add up... lil help?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 02:33:06 PM »
Hey... something else about that scene I just noticed. See how calm Illana was? Yeah... she knew what was going on.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
Hey... something else about that scene I just noticed. See how calm Illana was? Yeah... she knew what was going on.

Oh ya Illana is more than she seems really... because she was shown that "Jacob" visited her and knew her by name and she knew him. she's more than meets the eye... and i put Jacob in quotes... because there was somethign different about him in that scene... he's wearing all black even black gloves... and when he touches her he touches her with a black gloved hand. this is the only time we see him wearingblack... meaningless??? meaningful??? what you think?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »
Hrmmm. I actually didn't notice that. But I would say yes, that is meaningful. What it means... I have no idea haha.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »

Oh ya Illana is more than she seems really... because she was shown that "Jacob" visited her and knew her by name and she knew him. she's more than meets the eye... and i put Jacob in quotes... because there was somethign different about him in that scene... he's wearing all black even black gloves... and when he touches her he touches her with a black gloved hand. this is the only time we see him wearingblack... meaningless??? meaningful??? what you think?

See I am glad you mentioned this because I am truly believing that Jacob was not Jacob all the time.  I also wonder about them carting around the crate with Locke's body.    If in fact Jacob or MN2 was tying up the loose ends, the folks who would not go back, Sayid and Hurley.  Which makes me wonder if Richard and Ben both really knew about MN2 and if in fact the Jacob that touched the Losties as adults is MN2

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
i didnt see any other difference in meeting the people as adults from children other than what i said for Illana. as adults or children they all had the same thign happen... being touched and interfering in their lives monumentally or hardly at al but a greeting.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »
I guess I am not making my point, what I mean it is odd that the folks he touched as Adults, some of them were going to be difficult to come back.  But I was thinking out of the box big time

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
im still confused then.. what do you mean by difficult for them to come back... from what and to what?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
right I used the wrong word they didn't want to come back.  That is what I mean they needed a prod/convincing they needed to get back but they refused on their own.  Sayid for example Ilana had him handcuffed.  Boy did I argue that she was not a real official enough.  Sayid refused to return to the island - Hurley refused to go to the island. 

That is where I was going

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
But he wasn't always wearing white when we saw him either. He had a suit on at Sun and Jin's wedding. Some type of jacket at the hospital with Jack... maybe what he was wearing really wasn't that important. He could have just been blending in, you know?

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
maybe.. but the clothes were a weak theory of mine.. but the fact that HE came to Illana , and they knew each other from somewhere before... and when he touched her... it was with a gloved hand. the gloved hand is my point of concern...

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
Yes the fact that they knew each other from before is curious. I'm starting to wonder if Illana wasn't also part of the Black Rock crew. I say also because I'm pretty convinced Richard was on the Black Rock.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 02:47:35 PM »
Yes the fact that they knew each other from before is curious. I'm starting to wonder if Illana wasn't also part of the Black Rock crew. I say also because I'm pretty convinced Richard was on the Black Rock.

I like that.. i didnt think to associate anyone else besides Richard with the black rock... the wway he was dressed as "Hippy Richard" i think thats when he was the first mate of the black rock. ok well i think that richard is the first mate if not Hanso himself. because we know that the black rocks first mates journal was bought by Widmore... then we see Richard making a ship in a bottle of the black rock when "Locke" meets up with him again in 2007. never thought that Illanna... maybe Bram too?? ... be the crew of the black rock? interesting...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
maybe.. but the clothes were a weak theory of mine.. but the fact that HE came to Illana , and they knew each other from somewhere before... and when he touched her... it was with a gloved hand. the gloved hand is my point of concern...

Well, the gloved hand was a concern of a certain jury years ago!  Perhaps that is why they had the glove or if he was in a colder climate and hands were cold.

I am not sure if the Black Rock would be so important it came from England so why would Illana be on it?  She was not a slave and her accent and background wouldn't fit a vessel of that nature, IMHO

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
What is her background though? I sure don't know...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »
What I meant is she isn't a Brit.  Naomi was from Manchester UK but not getting that reading from our Illana.

She is some ancient warrior princess 8)