Author Topic: Somethign about the timeline doesnt add up... lil help?  (Read 8649 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Somethign about the timeline doesnt add up... lil help?
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »
ok i rewatched the 5th season... very reccomended... and the scene where Frank Lapedus is crashing the Ajira flight on the runway... you can hear "The Numbers" on their radio being said.... ok if that is supposed to be "present time" aka 2007. how are the numbers being played again? didnt they turn off the radio tower to get in touch with the freighter?? why woudl they turn it back on repeating the numbers??

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
Re: Somethign about the timeline doesnt add up... lil help?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »
I thought it was Rousseau's message that was being broadcast from the radio tower?

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
I thought it was Rousseau's message that was being broadcast from the radio tower?

well Rousseau's message was broadcast from the tower, but she is the one who turned the numbers off from being broadcast to put her message up... but in 2007 we hear it on Franks Ajira flight as its crashing. who put it back on?? thats my question.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
Oh good point. I wonder if they've been lying to us about the alternate timeline or future so as to not ruin the surprise?

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
Oh good point. I wonder if they've been lying to us about the alternate timeline or future so as to not ruin the surprise?

One thing that i did notice in the past season... that everytime we hear the numbers... On Rousseau's radio when she first lands on the island.... Franks ajira's radio... it kinda sounds liek Hurley saying them... not on all the numbers,,, but mostly the second half... 16 23 42. maybe somehow he does it.. r maybe they put it in there to see if anyone would notice... but look who they are dealing with?? LOST fans....

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
When Danielle's team was in the water and found Jin weren't the numbers being heard then and wasn't it Hurleys voice too?  Was it the same loop but she changed it later?   I have to check this ou

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:47:12 AM »
I was just going to ask if it was possible if that they were being broadcast from somewhere other than the radio tower on the island but I looked on lostpedia and apparently Sam and Lenny heard the numbers 16 years ago. So that lines up. This is a really good question BR and I'm really hoping it wasn't a screw up. Did anyone ever turn Rousseau's message off?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 01:55:15 PM »
yes I thought they did in Season Four when they had Ben on a leash and when Charlie died turning off the signal.  That is how Penny got through.

They were at the radio tower and that is when Ben got the gun/knife and did serious injury to Naomi.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »
yes I thought they did in Season Four when they had Ben on a leash and when Charlie died turning off the signal.  That is how Penny got through.

They were at the radio tower and that is when Ben got the gun/knife and did serious injury to Naomi.

Ya it was actually Danielle, that took the tape out from being played and in disgust threw the tape on the table... so at that point there shouldnt be anything broadcast... they just stopped sending out anything... that just brings up my question.. who turned the numbers on after... and why?

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
One more question... does anyone know why the numbers were being broadcast in the first place anyway??? dont you see it as kinda wierd to broadcast a series of numbers??? i know numbers are a universal language, and its been said its a language used to even try to make contact with extra terrestrials.. but still why??

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 10:48:59 AM »
Maybe it had something to do with the experiments Dharma was doing trying to change the core values of the equation?

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
well thats what im guessing... i mean ive seen "The shri lanka video" and thats where its talked about the Valenzeti equation... but i wonder why they broadcast just the number?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »
I have no idea... but the fact still remains that when Frank crashed 316, technically those numbers shouldnt have been being broadcasted unless someone turned that broadcast back on.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »
which is the exact question  wanted to know when i first created this thread....

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
Yeah, we haven't really accomplished much in here lol.