Author Topic: LOST UNIVERSITY....  (Read 34715 times)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: LOST UNIVERSITY....
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »
Ug.... so here's what the email said about needing a blu-ray player, etc. I put the crappy parts in bold and also omitted irrelevant stuff:

"When our state-of-the-art campus opens its doors December 8, 2009, on LOST: The Complete Fifth Season
Blu-ray™, you can look forward to being engaged in a first-of-its-kind educational experience. Powered by
BD-Live™, LOST University’s exciting multi-semester program allows students to explore the mysteries, secrets and stories of this epic series from an academic point of view. Through Science, History, Philosophy, Art, Language Studies and other electives, LOST University takes students on a journey, helping them to form a better understanding of LOST and prepare for the sixth and final season. All students who complete the required coursework may apply for graduation; the first 108 graduates will receive a hand-signed diploma from LOST University Presidents Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

We look forward to seeing you when classes begin and LOST Season 5 comes to Blu-ray. Until then, please visit our website to enroll and get the latest announcements and updates on other academic opportunities at LOST University.

Thank you,

Greggory Nations
Dean Of Admissions

Access to BD-Live features requires an Internet connected, BD-Live enabled Blu-ray player. Activation required to access BD-Live features; parental authorization required for minors. BD-Live features are subject to change without notice."

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
thanks goodness I bought that blue ray player

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »
Why not????

Who knows maybe I am black listed because I date one of the writers. ::)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
Why so coy?

I guess I will not be part of it.I am not going to run out and by a new toy to get this information. Hope you guys keep us up to date with what is going on!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »
Me coy, come on Juggy!   I am many other things but that is not one roflmao.

Wow what a way to stimulate ABC's already gold lined pockets. 

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2009, 10:34:49 PM »
Yep, I've taken it out of my bookmarks. Basically all I'm able to do is post in the forum, and... that's what I have SW for.  :-\

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »
that was silly of them really going to have more folks annoyed than happy

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »
Yep, I've taken it out of my bookmarks. Basically all I'm able to do is post in the forum, and... that's what I have SW for.  :-\

if you're not posting there anymore, what's the point :(

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »

if you're not posting there anymore, what's the point :(
I think the point is for you to buy Season 5 on blu-ray, and if you don't have a player for it, to buy a player, too.  :'( TPTB/ABC have done their fans a great disservice. Maybe I'll stop by every once in a while. And I'll still see you here!  :-* Don't worry!

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »
i know, i'm not buying the blu ray either, EF THAT YO.

:]

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »
Christmas is coming...and with all the dtv stuff, i guess they figure Blue Ray is the thing of the future, they stopped making VHS, one day they will stop regular dvd's, bite the bullet, now or later...I'm getting a Blue Ray, just to go with my HD tv...may as well....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »
I will go there once in awhile. I am disappointed that it is just a big selling point for the blu ray. I was hoping for more insight.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2009, 09:19:16 AM »
Christmas is coming...and with all the dtv stuff, i guess they figure Blue Ray is the thing of the future, they stopped making VHS, one day they will stop regular dvd's, bite the bullet, now or later...I'm getting a Blue Ray, just to go with my HD tv...may as well....
Spoken like a man who has disposable income...  ;) I'm the kind of person who, told that she must do something, does everything in her power to NOT do it. I don't like being forced into things. I had no problem with blu-ray before, but now I adamantly don't want it. I'll spend money on Lost prints, and numbers t-shirts now and then, but having to spend $300 for a blu-ray player, then another $100+ for Lost S5 on blu-ray... that's asking too much of their fans.

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
I posted on the Sledgeweb Frat thread to move us back on the front page.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43:56 AM »
just so you guys know, even though not all of us will have blu ray, the videos and sh!t from the dvd will be available to us eventually, someone will rip it