Author Topic: Locke and Walt; Backgammon  (Read 844 times)

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Locke and Walt; Backgammon
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »
All right, no one is talking about this (even on the DocArtz site as far as I can see) So I'm posting it here so it will get the most visibility. I hope the title isn't misleading because I'm not going where everyone else goes with this (black vs white). I rewatched the first 4 episodes of the series last night and couldn't help but watch Locke ALOT more closely. And in this scene where Walt asks Locke about backgammon, Locke just... KNOWS Walt's name. He didn't ask for his name, Walt didn't offer it. Granted, he could have heard Michael yelling for him (as we have come to loathe him for) but it just struck me as odd that Locke just kind of knew who Walt was. It really made me think that maybe this "man in black", "un-locke", "Esau" charcter was inhabiting/taking control of Locke from the very beginning...

I always love everyone's thoughts here so I definately want discussion on this and would like to hear what people think. If I'm wrong and Lcoke asks his name or Walt offers it, then I apologize and just mention that and feel free to lock this thread.

Thanks for reading my ramble, I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Locke and Walt; Backgammon
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
Well, I think he knew Walts name from what was going on. 

As for the invasion of the body snatcher, I think whomever was in the cabin was kept at bay from the ash that surrouned it.  This, though not a subject matter expert, the ash that is tends to keep things out or away a protective or a circle not allowing the entitity to leave.  As we do not know if Jacob or Man Number 2 is good or bad I would guess that they did not go after Locke immediately.

I still believe the island has a larger role and we have lost sight of this with the introduction of Jacob and MN2.

I think Locke was taken, in the sense he was at one with it, by the island because it cured him.  It allowed him to walk again.  Remember Rose and John both stared at the ocean, contemplative and very engrossed.

I am not dissing your thought, it is great, just sharing some thoughts I have had about this myself.

From the start Locke was very involved with the island and well, it could have been from Jacob touching him and that was his level of comfort and awe of the island.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:27 PM »
Sorry, I have to disagree. Why? Because people have said that Locke was acting VERY different. Not only that, but Locke talked to Jacob previously. This means that if Locke was inhabited by Esau from the beginning, then Esau would have taken his chance then, not wait until later.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:04 AM »
I don't think MN2 or Jacob could take over bodies who are alive.  There is a whole dead body thing and we know that Christian was dead.  So