Author Topic: My own personal re-watch...  (Read 2001 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
My own personal re-watch...
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:25:11 PM »
My girl and I are rewatching the series... her first time around... and for me .. well... first since season 5 ended... and i stoped counting how many times i rewatched it before... anyway... im seeign things in a whole new light knowing now what I know about the series. i never really liked Sayids stories... they all seemed to resay the same message no forward movement in them ... now they all seem to fall into place.

Also i Noticed which I think is the first mention or reference to Egypt... In The episode "Special" from Season 1 its Walt/ Michael centric... the scene where Walt is doing homework studying Australian Birds... he says soemthign along the lines of : " Why should we study birds of Australia? Shouldn't we be studying birds of Egypt?" why did he specifically say Birds of Egypt? he didnt say "Birlds like from egypt or somthing " he said it so positively... anyway.. thoguht it was cool.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
Re: My own personal re-watch...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:37:46 AM »
really??? nobody has to comment on the mention of Egypt in walts episode???

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »
That is interesting, BR.  I'm not at the epi yet, but I'll look for it.

I'm honestly quite impressed by how much stuff they had early on that still plays a role now.  That backgammon scene from the pilot with Locke was so conspicuous, and now it has come full circle with the Jacob/Mr. Black scene in the S5 Finale.  Pretty impressive.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:11:12 AM »
That is interesting, BR.  I'm not at the epi yet, but I'll look for it.

I'm honestly quite impressed by how much stuff they had early on that still plays a role now.  That backgammon scene from the pilot with Locke was so conspicuous, and now it has come full circle with the Jacob/Mr. Black scene in the S5 Finale.  Pretty impressive.

Ya also i forget which episode it is but when Jack walks up to Locke sitting on the beach and he asks about where boone is and comments abotu how hes attached to his hip yadda yadda.. anyway their clothes are white and black and their conversation resembles the one between jacob and The Locke-alike...
coinsidence or parallell?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »
I also noticed Walt saying this. It was curious how he specifically mentions Egypt. But I didn't notice that conversation between Jack and Lacke as being of particular interest. Good point on the black and white though. I'm assuming Jack was wearing black?

Offline siegfiedso

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:56:42 PM »
egypt to me definetely has something to do with who Jacob really is.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
Looking back at some of the posts here and yes, Walt mentions that about the birds I remember that.

As for the Egyptian connection well hot dang yeah folks.  I mean you have a statue of a Egyptian god and then there are the hieroglyphics in the tunnels.  There has to be some kind of connection.  Though the clothing of Jacob and MN2 are not of that genre in my mind.  I would have to go back and look at some stuff.

Well, we will know soon enough the official countdown 60 day countdown starts Wednesday December 2nd

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 03:53:11 AM »
Looks like Lost University opens its doors on Monday. They offer a course, HIS-101 ANCIENT WRITING ON THE WALL.

This course will glance into both the culture and history of ancient Egyptian communication through hieroglyphics. The significance of these writings, from their inception to their current state, will be explored over two sessions as we decipher this once forgotten language of the gods.

EDIT: Here's hoping LostU isn't just a pimp site for the s5 BluRay. I'm hoping for more.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:04:09 AM by ericd543 »

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
Looks like Lost University opens its doors on Monday. They offer a course, HIS-101 ANCIENT WRITING ON THE WALL.

This course will glance into both the culture and history of ancient Egyptian communication through hieroglyphics. The significance of these writings, from their inception to their current state, will be explored over two sessions as we decipher this once forgotten language of the gods.

EDIT: Here's hoping LostU isn't just a pimp site for the s5 BluRay. I'm hoping for more.

S6 is going to be a hype for blu ray which means LOST is a bunch of sell outs... F*** blu ray and lets hope LOST diesnt suck now and involving iphones liek Heroes