Author Topic: Black and White  (Read 1065 times)

Offline timberwolf

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Black and White
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
Until the final season starts up again next year, my wife and I have been watching everything again from the beginning.  We are probably all familiar with the backgammon game in the first or second episode between Locke and Walt.  Locke makes a comment about there being a light and dark or white and black or something to that effect.

I noticed in this episode (Raised By Another) that in Claire's first nightmare she runs into Locke in the forest.  When Locke looks up he has one white eye and one black eye.

So,
  • Why the eyes like that?
  • What was Locke doing at the table and is it somehow significant?
  • Why run into Locke in the first place?  Why was he in the nightmare?

Any other insight would be great too.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Black and White
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »
Yes, we have been discussing this in Season five I will bring some of those thoughts down there.

There are many references to white and black.  Chess, the two stones in adam and eves hands, the shirts that Man number two and Jacob are wearing.

I am glad that yet again someone else has taken notice to this as it is significant.  Either good or bad or game pieces in a very large game.

I will need to look at this episode of his eyes again.  I was also reading about black and white and again i found spy vs. spy which the two do many things to each other as Jacob and Man number 2 may have been doing for a long time.

Welcome and great post I am tied in here! ;D

Offline Looch18

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »
I, too, have been rewatching the episodes to uncover (possibly; hopefully) new clues. I've noticed the same thing as you, timberwolf (and probably many others), regarding the black and white significance: Locke's explanation of the backgammon pieces to Walt; Locke's eyes; Lost artwork at the beginning of the show; etc. So, I'm fixated on this 'hint' and even have had discussions with my brother about this (who doesn't necessarily agree with me).
I didn't want this to end up like the Sixth Sense and have the clues or the answer from the beginning the entire time. So, in flashbacks and such, I'm looking for something black and/or white - clothes, hats, cars, coffee cups, anything. I could be reaching, but I'm obsessed with it. Am I nuts..?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
No not nuts just addicted and thinking just want they want us to do!   ;D