Author Topic: Question about "bodies" on the island  (Read 2848 times)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Question about "bodies" on the island
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »
Do the last two episodes answer any of the questions brought up with Amy and her husband's body in the La Fleur episode...about Richard "needing" the body? We spent a lot of time wondering about this question after that episode. Does Jacob ask Richard to get the body because "anti-Jacob" has the ability to take the form of the dead people unless s/he is "buried" properly? Has Jacob been trying to thwart "anti-Jacob" by keeping the deceased bodies from him? (I'm not sure why/ how...just trying to make sense of the whys! haha) Any thought? Insights?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:54:22 AM by vickilynn »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Question about "bodies" on the island
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:59 AM »
That is very interesting theory, but I don't have an answer.

Not to be to polically correct, but is the "black guy' the best term we can use?? :D

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »
That is very interesting theory, but I don't have an answer.

Not to be to polically correct, but is the "black guy' the best term we can use?? :D
The Man in Black? Sorry, if I offended anyone! I just think of them as white clothes guy and black clothes guy...white and black...I don't like calling him Flocke or UnLocke or anything to do with Locke, because he definitely exists outside of "Locke."

I will go back and change the name to anti-Jacob... :)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
It seems there may be a connection. It would be very plausible and explain why those bodies were needed. I hope they reveal it to us next season!

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »
Maybe they burned him and put him out to sea like they did with Colleen? I like this theory. Richard helps Jacob by disposing of bodies so that this 'man in black' can't use them. Very nice.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »
I definitely think there is something to that idea, vickilynn.  Also interesting that Locke kicked Jacob into the fire after Ben stabbed him -- was he just trying to make sure he was dead, or to destroy the body?  I'm thinking he would need more of a fire than that to get the job done, but hey...

Also makes me wonder about the "stuff" that is around Jacob's cabin -- someone else (can't recall who, sorry) posted somewhere about wondering if it was the ashes of someone's body.  It is curious.

And there's that box Ben was pulling out of the air vent in the hotel room back when he was getting Jack sober and ready to return to the island.  I was thinking that was probably the gun he was taking to go get Penny with, but I re-watched that episode today and it occurred to me that the box was about the size it would be to contain someone's cremated ashes.  That would be way more fun than a gun.   :)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »
I like this theory too Vicki.  There is definitely something weirdo about the bodies-business.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »
I like this also

But where is the con? Meaning how if this translates in getting a dead body...first christian then Locke in between Alex...Past Jacob?

I guess we could list the dead bodies that we have scene that have appeared on the Island

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »
Well...
Yami - remains did not burn completely inside plane
Christian - open coffin
Alex - left outside Ben's house
Charlie - drowned inside looking glass

BUT it raises another question, what about people like Ilman, Bakunin, Klugh, Roger Workman, that did not received proper burial, but did not return?

Not to mention Ana Lucia, Eko, and Libby. Although we can simply not consider Ana and Eko because only Hurley see them, Libby appeared to Mike more than once. And they were proper buried.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:00:50 AM by Optimus J »

Offline mrose4243

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
Hmmmm...rewatching S1 - there are bodies that are buried on the island that have NOT shown up:

Steve (or Scott)
Boone
Nicki & Paolo

I know there are others, but these are three I can think of off the top of my head.

None of these people were used by Nemesis or Jacob or anyone.  This may or may not mean anything!

::)

Offline SawyerLove

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »
Everything that everyone is saying makes total sense except for the fact that man #2 didn't use Locke's body. Why would he need everyone else's body and not Locke's? Or are we assuming that he's not really "using" the body, but just needs it near to be able to assume that person's identity?

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »
this man in black saw face off and he is using that idea to make himself look like locke and thats why he doesnt need locke's body ..he just made himself a look-alike of locke   :D..well everyone has a theory so let this also join the club

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
Everything that everyone is saying makes total sense except for the fact that man #2 didn't use Locke's body. Why would he need everyone else's body and not Locke's? Or are we assuming that he's not really "using" the body, but just needs it near to be able to assume that person's identity?
I don't think whoever the guy is takes over bodies...just assumes the identity.

Ok...based purely on speculation:

What if the guy we know as Richard is REALLY the guy we saw referred to as Jacob? Richard says that he is that way (never aging) because of Jacob, well maybe Richard was on the Black Rock (or the ship we're assuming is the Black Rock) and he dies so Jacob uses his shape to walk around in. Although...how could Jacob be walking around in the real world "blessing" our losties...and who was it that got stabbed by Ben and pushed into the fire by the undead Locke guy?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
I don't think whoever the guy is takes over bodies...just assumes the identity.

Ok...based purely on speculation:

What if the guy we know as Richard is REALLY the guy we saw referred to as Jacob? Richard says that he is that way (never aging) because of Jacob, well maybe Richard was on the Black Rock (or the ship we're assuming is the Black Rock) and he dies so Jacob uses his shape to walk around in. Although...how could Jacob be walking around in the real world "blessing" our losties...and who was it that got stabbed by Ben and pushed into the fire by the undead Locke guy?
Are you rewriting a whole different story? Cuz I'm confused....;D

Offline bak2530

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
What if he needed the body to apease his people because Sawyer and Juliet killed some of them and Richard had to show that something was done about it. I dont the smoke monster needs a body because Im pretty sure TPTB said that Kates horse, and the spiders in expose were smokie