Author Topic: Hurley and Dave....  (Read 2675 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Hurley and Dave....
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
The further the series goes, the more i question what we have already seen on LOST... okay when we fist met Dave we were introduced to him as Hurleys imaginary friend at Santa Rosa Hospital. then on the island as the imaginary friend again. ok... NOW this raises the question... is he imaginary? or is he someone who has died, and now Hurley sees him... like the rest of them? OR is he Jacob or Esau ( the man in black) taking on the form of Dave????

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley and Dave....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
Good questions...Jacob did tell Hurley that he was not crazy.  I doubt that Dave was imaginary.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:23:31 AM »
Good questions...Jacob did tell Hurley that he was not crazy.  I doubt that Dave was imaginary.

That is true... so since im assuming ( maybe i shouldnt but i am) that we take what Jacob says as truths... so when he says to Hugo that hes not crazy... ao that means he can see dead people... Dave... looking more like his visits more and more... wonder if they will touch on it...

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:33:56 AM »
Yeah, I kind of get the vibe that Jacob just doesn't lie.  Funny how we assume those sorts of things--incredible insight, maybe? haha

I really hope they give us more on Hurley next season--I really hope he gets some much-needed vindication.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:03:04 AM »
Ya def i wish more Hugo... i really want to know how he got his nickname... and theres a coupel back stories that at his point i doubt will ever get shown like when johnny ran away with darla, or when the deck broke... and i wonder who if anyone will come back...

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:16:20 AM »
i think Dave is real.  I have always thought this, ever since they showed us the picture from the hospital.  I dont know if you remember but the one that the Doc showed to Hurley was taken at a completely different time that the one we saw him take was.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »
i think Dave is real.  I have always thought this, ever since they showed us the picture from the hospital.  I dont know if you remember but the one that the Doc showed to Hurley was taken at a completely different time that the one we saw him take was.

completely different??? really? i could have sworn that it was the same time... but if it was taken at a differnt time i think Hugo is that aware to realize if he had posed for 2 pictures... I think Dave was real... he was alive... but as a dead spirit ... like charlie, eko, anna lucia have shown themselves to Hugo... for a while i thought Dave was going to be Jacob...

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »
If Dave is either of them he would have to be Blackshirt guy. The reason why I am so sure of this is because of a wicked question that was asked by a fan at comic con. In case somebody does not want to know...   The question was has Jacob appeared to any of the losties in any other form other than what we saw in the finale of season 5. Answer: No.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:57:10 AM by grizn0 »

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »
If Dave is either of them he would have to be Blackshirt guy. The reason why I am so sure of this is because of a wicked question that was asked by a fan at comic con. In case somebody does not want to know...   The question was has Jacob appeared to any of the losties in any other form other than what we saw in the finale of season 5. Answer: No.

ya i dont think Jacob has the ability, or if he does he doesnt use it, to take on the form of other people...