Author Topic: the ashes around the cabin  (Read 4751 times)

Offline simeean

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: the ashes around the cabin
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »
I was seeing a pyramid too. It also looks like the statue is on a boat/canoe in the water. I see what looks to be a boat with waves. Or it just could be the statue is on a big rock.

yeah, it kind of looks like it's surfing.... it made it all the way up the Nile and around to the other side of the world, only to get smashed on that silly island...?

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
Im not too sure....look at its base from the first scenes we have seen it in i think its just that its base is a bit boat-like. And think logically....if you have the man power to make such a statue i don't think you would sail it upright in a boat instead of letting it lie down on more boats....i mean it sounds pretty impossible to have a ship this huge just to carry a statue sitting up when they can do it with one sitting down....also the statue base looks pretty firm-if it really had crashed it would be rather unstable and definetly unsutable for lets say Jacob living inside the foot.

Im sorry to change the subject so fast but does anyone remember seeing a moon before the meeting of Jacob and Fake Locke inside the foot? Because inside the foot it kind of looked like it was almost completely black with very little light (almost like a moon eclipse) but im not so sure it was the same when they were outside or if there was any moon at all....its a long shot but  maybe it has something to do with Jacob eligibly dying

Offline like_fanzi_times?

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »
OK so i haven't read all the posts for this yet so if someone has already said what I'm gonna say then i apologize...
OK SO..... my theory relates to when Ben first takes Locke to see Jacob at the cabin. So everything was pretty much tame until Locke heard someone say "help me" and flashed his light and thats when things started to go crazy. The events that went on after Locke heard this, seem somewhat similar to some unseen force breaking out or at least attempting to. I think that when Locke heard the voice and things started to go crazy, it may have been some sort of trigger for anti Jacob and i think thats what caused the break in the ashes. kind of like the idea of how Sayid put tape on his door at his safehouse and knew someone was inside when he saw the tape was broken. so maybe the ash isn't so much a barrier, but a visual cue of tampering.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:56:45 AM by like_fonzi_times? »

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »
I believe the person in the cabin was the "esau" guy and not Jacob at all. I believe Llana's gang went there to stop "esau" and not to find Jacob. She was upset when the ash was gone, would she of been upset and burned the cabin if it was Jacob's cabin. I don't believe there would be a reason to do so.

She then went the the statue where she knows Jacob does live to inform him that "Esau" has escaped.
Im pretty sure she was originally looking for Jacob...i mean they lugged the damn body across the sea and jungle and they said they are looking for him. They weren't in attack mode when they went inside the cabin either.
Plus she comes out of the cabin and tells the others that he's not there and that someone else has been using the cabin (from what I remember).

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »
Did anyone else notice the ashes in the very first scene tonight? When they showed the two guys (black shirt and Jacob) around the fire on the beach, I saw it and said "there's those ashes from around the cabin".

No, where?
I have watched this scene twenty times and can't see what you're talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuEogKZ4egA

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. I was mistaken. It was not in the scene where they're on the beach. But It was in the very frist scene - where we see Jacob making the tapestry. The fire/ashes, is the same fire Jacob gets kicked into at the end of the finale.

Image here:
http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x16-easter-eggs/01.jpg