Author Topic: If the cabin held someone in, how did they ...?  (Read 703 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
If the cabin held someone in, how did they ...?
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
A) Suppose Jacob was being held captive in the cabin at some point.  Then, why would Ilana expect to find him there when he had already visted her in the hospital?  Wouldn't she know he was "out"?  At the very least, she shouldn't have been surprised that he wasn't there and hadn't been there for a while.  (Of course, technically, we don't have a date for the hospital scene.)  She certainly recognized who she was talking to in the hospital (but, then again, she didn't specifically call him "Jacob", either.)

Jacob was visiting Kate and Sawyer as kids, Jack as an adult, Sayid after he got back, Hurley just before they went back.

B) If [Esau] was being held captive in the cabin, it sure didn't seem like Ilana & co. were going to see an adversary on their way there.  But they were alarmed when no one was there (and "hadn't been there for a long time").  They saw the clue of the knife into the piece cut out of Jacob's tapestry that pointed them in the direction to go.  Could [Esau] have done that?  He certainly seemed to be surprised about where to find Jacob when Richard brought him there, so that doesn't really match up.

Ben saw his dead mother way back in the 70s.  Our Losties didn't see any apparitionts until they got to the Island, right?  Jack saw his dead father right away; Kate and James saw the horse; Hurley saw his dead friend Dave; Sayid saw Walt; Locke saw Walt.  If we're saying that these apparations are all Smokey=[Esau], then was he really in the cabin and did it really keep him trapped in there?

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: If the cabin held someone in, how did they ...?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:33:05 PM »
Maybe Jacob knew that in the future he would be held captive in the cabin and he needed Ilana and crew to bust him out?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »
I just rambled on about this and this is of key interest.

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
I don't think it was jacob being held in the cabin- I think it was the rival.  That's why there was a picture of the statue with a knife threw it.  The rival was being held in there and used Locke to get out.  I think we'll see Locke releasing this rival in the next season, thinking it was Jacob.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:13:10 AM »
If we're saying that these apparations are all Smokey=[Esau], then was he really in the cabin and did it really keep him trapped in there?

I think anti-Jacob COULD be the apparations/have some sort of control over them AND be trapped in the cabin.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:38:07 PM »
Well, that is why he says Help Me to Locke.  But that cabin changes and if you think about this for a moment, if the man who's name we do not know, was out of the cabin earlier, he could have been Christian walking around and bringing Claire into that cabin.  I think he has not been there for a long time as Ilana stated.  Meaning longer than a year. 

If he was let go it may not have been intentional, it could have been accidental.