Author Topic: Lost Reruns  (Read 1870 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Lost Reruns
« on: October 18, 2007, 03:46:15 AM »
According to Lostpedia:

By Kimberly Nordyke

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sci Fi Channel and videogame-oriented outlet G4 have snapped up off-network cable rights to ABC's "Lost," and will star airing the drama next fall.

Sci Fi is planning to "stack" the drama in a weekly four-hour primetime block, possibly on Monday nights, and also has obtained the right to stream a limited number of episodes at SciFi.com.

G4, which will air the show as a primetime strip (Monday-to-Fiday), is planning to give "Lost" the same interactive treatment it has given such acquired series as "Cops" and "Star Trek," dubbing it "Lost 2.0" and offering viewers multiple interactive and Web-enabled elements. G4 also has obtained exclusive cable weekend rights as well as the right to stream a limited number of episodes at G4tv.com.

Over the summer, ABC announced that the Emmy-winning series would end its run at the conclusion of three more seasons consisting of 16 episodes each. Season 4 bows in February.

All parties declined comment on financial terms of the off-net deal, but sources said Sci Fi and G4 paid a total of $200,000 per episode for all six seasons, with Sci Fi shelling out a majority of that amount.

Thomas Vitale, senior vp programming and original movies at NBC Universal-owned Sci Fi, said the Sci Fi audience "responds best when they can really get into a show, so we're excited about" running it as a "mini-marathon" every week.

Comcast Corp.-controlled G4, meanwhile, also will have the ability to air the show in its original form, though president Neal Tiles noted that the "2.0" versions of its acquired series are popular with the network's young male-centric audience. He said "Cops 2.0" helped to "age the audience down" by nine years, while "Star Trek 2.0" was the network's highest-rated show among males 18-34 when it premiered.

"This show is so intricate, with so many different story lines happening in every episode, we thought it was a good opportunity for us to pursue these different elements (with an interactive version)," Tiles said. "This is an interesting way for people who have seen the series to rediscover it and for people who haven't seen it to jump in for the first time."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Reruns
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 01:11:23 PM »
Oh too funny!  I was just about to post this when I saw the 'Lost Reruns' title and thought hey that sounds familiar!  Well my heart is all a flutter over this.  Too bad it won't start until NEXT fall but it will be nice to watch if LOST decides to not air season 5 until feb. again.  Thanks for the article, Lou.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
I'm just glad its something too look forward to next year about this time....

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »
I am seriously considering shelling out the extra cash to get G4 here. They are my favorite network anyways.

Thank you G4TV for being the one constant in the world of variable television programming. We bow to your amazing powers of knowing what the viewers want!

By the way, they are also showing Heroes on G4TV. I first learned about the Lost reruns while watching Heroes on G4 back home.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »
I dredge this up because I saw no other topic.

Does anyone else think that rerun episodes always seem to have some relation to the current new episodes?

Maybe I'm crazy and someone will say that they've been airing reruns in some predefined order and it's just coincidence, but...

...every time I tune it (be it on Sci-Fi channel, or CW-type channel) I see something which is very relevant to what is going on this season.

For example, the week (during current season 5) where Locke was at the Beechcraft getting shot by Ethan during the flashes, the next day on reruns was the episode where he and Boone first discovered the area.

Many other examples.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 02:14:23 AM »

Does anyone else think that rerun episodes always seem to have some relation to the current new episodes?

Maybe I'm crazy and someone will say that they've been airing reruns in some predefined order and it's just coincidence, but...

...every time I tune it (be it on Sci-Fi channel, or CW-type channel) I see something which is very relevant to what is going on this season.

For example, the week (during current season 5) where Locke was at the Beechcraft getting shot by Ethan during the flashes, the next day on reruns was the episode where he and Boone first discovered the area.

Many other examples.
It's LOST. Don't confuse coincidence with fate. ;)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »

Many other examples.

I've noticed it too, but here is the kind of cool/freaky thing. They've just been airing the reruns in order. I think at this point the story is so interwoven and deep that these connections are almost inevitable.

It's like if you have a friend that hasn't watched Lost before, it's hard to tell them to start watching the new episodes now because they'd be so....lost.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 02:18:57 AM »

Many other examples.
Sorry just saw this and was thinking, ummm...it IS Lost and all the episodes have to do with Lost...so, ummm, yeah it's related lol