Author Topic: Horace's house on top of the underground tunnels  (Read 1737 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Horace's house on top of the underground tunnels
« on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
So when Jack and Sayid break through the basement of a house from the tunnels, it's Horace's house -- that's his jumpsuit hanging on the wall.

Does anybody still think there's some Other connection for Horace?  Or is he just a peace-loving hippy math guy?

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Horace's house on top of the underground tunnels
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »
I don't think there's a connection, but did this end up being Ben's house?  Do we know whose house Ben moved into?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »
When I saw Sayid in Horace's suit, I thought of the body in the dharmagrave with the blueprint
of the cabin.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 03:39:58 PM »
Didn't DHARMA find out about the tunnels when they built the houses ? Kind of hard to miss...

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »
Didn't DHARMA find out about the tunnels when they built the houses ? Kind of hard to miss...

That's what I thought too, but I figured if they knew about the tunnels, they would have searched them, and if they did, they would have realized the Others would be able to get into the camp, and then probably not built there. Unless, and this might be a long shot, Horace was an Other, and he was already the inside man.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »

That's what I thought too, but I figured if they knew about the tunnels, they would have searched them, and if they did, they would have realized the Others would be able to get into the camp, and then probably not built there. Unless, and this might be a long shot, Horace was an Other, and he was already the inside man.

I was thinking about this as well. So when I re-watched it, I paid close attention to the scene where Alpert sledges through the wall. On the other side (Dharma house) the concrete blocks appeared to be up against a this layer of rock. So, if they were building it, it appears they didn't ever break through to the tunnels.

Also, the tunnels were way different than Ben's secret passage way, which would suggest it was at a different building. So my guess is that the Dharmas were blissfully unaware they were right above the tunnels.

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »
Dharma had to know about the tunnels.  Ben's secret room had a sliding door that once opened revealed a wall/door with hieroglyphics on it.  They knew.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
Dharma had to know about the tunnels.  Ben's secret room had a sliding door that once opened revealed a wall/door with hieroglyphics on it.  They knew.

But we don't know if that secret passage was around in the 70's or if it was added after the purge when the Others were in control of Dharmaville.

Also, that passage didn't lead to the tunnels, only to the smokey drain, so it stands to reason they didn't know about the tunnels.

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 04:33:26 PM »
If Ben lived in Horace's house , could it be that when he was tied up in the basement in season 4 , he could have used the tunnel? Remember when Harper said that Ben told her to go to see Juliet? Maybe he could go into the tunnel where Jughead was and talk to Richard who gave Ben's orders to Harper?

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 04:35:41 PM »

I think the tunnels are what was drawn on the blast door map by Radzinski...could be somer were found but not fully explored  ???

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 04:43:47 PM »
If Ben lived in Horace's house , could it be that when he was tied up in the basement in season 4 , he could have used the tunnel? Remember when Harper said that Ben told her to go to see Juliet? Maybe he could go into the tunnel where Jughead was and talk to Richard who gave Ben's orders to Harper?

That's a good point, and Harper McMoley face even said something about Ben being exactly where he wanted to be.

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 04:50:49 PM »

But we don't know if that secret passage was around in the 70's or if it was added after the purge when the Others were in control of Dharmaville.

Also, that passage didn't lead to the tunnels, only to the smokey drain, so it stands to reason they didn't know about the tunnels.

After Richard broke open the wall that led into Horace's house I would assume that dharma would have a clear knowledge of the tunnels. 

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »

After Richard broke open the wall that led into Horace's house I would assume that dharma would have a clear knowledge of the tunnels. 

Ahhh, you're right. I hadn't thought of that.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 04:56:27 PM »

Ahhh, you're right. I hadn't thought of that.

Unless the bomb went off and changed stuff.

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »
But you can't change the past.  The universe will course correct.  Whatever happened, happened.  Did season Six start yet?  I need answers.