Author Topic: Was Juliet Pregnant?  (Read 3824 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Was Juliet Pregnant?
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
A co worker brought up an interesting point,  when Juliet et al were talking to Bern and Rose, she seemed to hold her belly as if she were pregnant,

was she pregnant?

Offline KittenPoo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Was Juliet Pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:51:03 PM »
I wondered that, too!  And then I was REALLY pissed at her for going along with the whole erase the last three years plan - how could you give up your baby like that???

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 04:52:32 PM »
But....wait...will the baby just "die" or be erased if there is actually a reset (which i doubt very very very highly) ...if it's not....that would be epic....weird but epic....

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »
I doubt she was pregnant.  Why would they make her pregnant and then kill her off?  This would have to be addressed at some point otherwise there would be no point to it, so she's either alive and they will address it or she isn't pregnant.

Offline KittenPoo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »
Well, whatever the reason, they had her hand on her belly in a "I think I'm going to be a mommy and no one knows it yet" sort of way a couple times in the episode.  I don't notice a lot of what people on this site do, I'm not that observant.  But, even I saw this one....who knows - I could be wrong.  It's happened once before.   ;)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
I doubt she was pregnant.  Why would they make her pregnant and then kill her off?  This would have to be addressed at some point otherwise there would be no point to it, so she's either alive and they will address it or she isn't pregnant.

Perhaps (again my coworkers theory) if time is reset, and she never meets sawyer but somehow is still pregnant?

that would be just %$#@ed up

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »
Well, whatever the reason, they had her hand on her belly in a "I think I'm going to be a mommy and no one knows it yet" sort of way a couple times in the episode.  I don't notice a lot of what people on this site do, I'm not that observant.  But, even I saw this one....who knows - I could be wrong.  It's happened once before.   ;)

Yeah,

Im kinda shocked that I didnt pick up on it, but I do remember it now that she mentioned it to me today.

Found it interesting.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »
I always find the is she pregnant, is that his daddy posts stupid at first. Sorry, no offense. But, I'm usually proven wrong. So, even though my gut says no, you're probably right.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »

this

Offline OhJoy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
I thought the same thing!  she was holding her stomach and in tv shows that is usually the preggo sign

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 01:00:32 AM »
Okay, it is too late... I agree, I also saw Juliet put her hand on her tummy - and thought, little Sawyer, aw.  But so did the one Other guy as the UnLocke group was going around the rocky shoreline.  I blurted out laughing - it was like an Easter egg for the rabid fans - was that Other GUY pregnant?  Can men carry their pregnancies to full term but the women can't?!  :D

It was the guy to the left of Ben.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:04:24 AM by Laklost »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »
They are not going to have Juliet pregnant and only clue be is her touching her tummy.
The episode was full of enough mystery, answers and jaw dropping changes to discuss. We don't have to imagine other story lines.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »
But we have eight frieking long months, Mr. Jugdish sir.  :D

(Uh, I totally agree with you, by the by...)

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 04:39:21 AM »
She was definitely touching her belly in a weird way---and I was going to post a topic about this in the morning, but I found this first.  Juggy, just because you didn't notice it---or didn't think it was important...doesn't make it untrue...right....???

Unless you know something we don't...

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »
If Juliet was pregnant and somehow survives, it would be all sorts of cool if her baby is Desmond.  Seeing as how she was exposed to whatever happened down there, it might explain why the island needed to be Desmond in the hatch in 2004 to turn the failsafe key and ensure the Island doesn't explode.

Faraday told Desmond he is uniquely special.. How does he know this?

Now if I could come up with a theory how Desmond became Scottish I wil get back to you.  :-\