Author Topic: Jacob/Esau/Smokey/Temple based observation  (Read 648 times)

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Jacob/Esau/Smokey/Temple based observation
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
Ok so we know a few things for sure one of which if the fact that the temple is the safe place where the others are to take cover and hide. Assuming the are following Jacobs orders of procedure (we know Richard is with them and we know that Richard knows how to contact Jacob (assuming Richard is on Jacobs side))  If Smokey actually is Esau why would Jacob send the others to hide in his home base?
A few ideas why Smokey is not Esau (he might be a part of him or he might have made him but he is not him)
1st We see Esau is too proud. He dislikes humans and their ways. Somehow he thinks he is better than them. Then he wouldn't follow orders, he wouldn't just be summoned by Ben.
2nd Smokey is almost always enraged, wild, untamed while Esau seemed intelligent and calm.
Still this does not exclude the theory that Smokey might be a part of Esau or that somehow Esau gave up his "humanity" (after all he says he went through a lot to find the loop hole and gave a lot to do it) and intelligence (or maybe separated the two-one remained hidden behind the wall of ahses the other primal and wild hid in the temple lacking the knowledge to know what to do and obeying orders from people)
That would be one theory as to why the temple is safe IF we assume the others are taking their orders from Jacob and not someone else.

If we were to assume that they are being ordered by Esau it would be logical that if he truly is Smokey or Smokey is his "pet" he would protect them at the temple BUT that would make Richard a liar and side him with Esau.

Another approach to the whole thing would be the assumption that Esau and Jacob are actually sided with one another or working tword the same goal (in the intro of the last episode i had the feeling that both of them have seen the end of the very world at least a few times) and if we think about one person living on and on in a continuous chain unable to die or be killed seeing the world end and end and end many times-i think that he would pray for death. Another thing that supports this is that Jacob knew he was going to be killed but still did not try to fight back or run off he just took it there (which might also indicate that knife and fire destroying his corporal form might not be enough to destroy him)

I will be glad to read your ideas about these theories.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob/Esau/Smokey/Temple based observation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
It makes sense that if you have seen the world end over and over and yet you cannot die that you would want your friend to find a way to kill you. I could go along with that except I saw the look on Loophole Locke's face when he kicked Jacob into the fire. It was not an expression of love!

Other than that I like your reasons as to why Smokey and "Esau" are not one and the same. I don't think they are. If Esau was the one being held captive in the cabin (which I believe) then he would not be able to be Smokey since he was trapped in the cabin.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »
Yeah i watched the whole ending fire and knife scene again...seems he doesn't really like him...but what surprised me even more was Fake Lockes reaction to the "they are coming" part....he was surprised....his eyes almost popped out before he pushed him in the fire...weird...what could he fear so much?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »
Yes, I was wondering about that too. Either whoever is coming is a real threat to him or he is worried he will lose the game he is playing with Jacob.  :D