Author Topic: he "watched them die"  (Read 2235 times)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: he "watched them die"
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »
Yeah, maybe something changed, and they die later. Since they butchered Dharma, maybe they join the Others for a while in season 6. Do we know for sure that they will flash back to 2007?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »
Yeah, maybe something changed, and they die later. Since they butchered Dharma, maybe they join the Others for a while in season 6. Do we know for sure that they will flash back to 2007?

No we don't know they flash to 2007. It's assumed they will since Jacob whispered 'they're coming'. Of course Jacob may have been referring to another group coming--who knows. The Losties may not flash to 2007 and spend more time in 1977. I assume (and never assume!) that eventually they will flash forward to present time so that Sun and Jin will be together again but that could be on the last episode!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »
Okay, I'm going to just come out and say it, I didn't hear Jacob say "They're coming". I did hear him say "coming" twice, but not "they're coming". If anyone can tell me how they know for sure what he said, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure it's possible that I got an audio burp or something, but twice in a row, at the exact same moment that a character says something??

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »
Darlton said that the time traveling is over.  It's pretty safe to assume the Losties flashed back to '07 at the end of the finale.  Then again, this is Lost. 

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »
Okay, I'm going to just come out and say it, I didn't hear Jacob say "They're coming". I did hear him say "coming" twice, but not "they're coming". If anyone can tell me how they know for sure what he said, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure it's possible that I got an audio burp or something, but twice in a row, at the exact same moment that a character says something??

I've watched the episode twice now, and I swear he said "They're coming."

I don't have closed caption...which I guess is what you really need to confirm.

Offline devenezy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »

To answer your question, Jacob does in fact say "They're coming" both times.

ABC.com's Full Episode Player has the option to turn closed captions on. Just start playing the video and then click on "Settings" on the top right-hand side of the window. You might have to close your browser and restart the video for them to appear.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »
I agree with bastor that Richard wouldn't lie to Sun about that.  Unless that wasn't really Richard.

There are theories floating around that Richard is inside appearing as Jacob, so RIchard is the the one who was stabbed and then rolled into the Fire.  Perhaps the Richard we see talking to Sun is Jacob appearing as Richard. Or not. hehe.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »
I've always found Richard a confusing character. He has always seemed good and reasonable - in comparison to everyone else - but he hasn't always been good, remember Juliettes husband. I'm not sure he would openly lie but I don't think he saw them die either. If Jacob is white and the other guy is black then Richard is grey to me - I can't work out what side he would be on

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 04:03:50 PM »

To answer your question, Jacob does in fact say "They're coming" both times.

ABC.com's Full Episode Player has the option to turn closed captions on. Just start playing the video and then click on "Settings" on the top right-hand side of the window. You might have to close your browser and restart the video for them to appear.

Okay, that's all I needed. I believed it, but didn't hear it with my own ears, so I had to question it.

Offline SawyerLove

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »
So... You're Jack. The doubting Thomas.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »
So... You're Jack. The doubting Thomas.

But I turned around A LOT FASTER than he did.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 01:48:29 AM »
I've always found Richard a confusing character. He has always seemed good and reasonable - in comparison to everyone else - but he hasn't always been good, remember Juliettes husband. I'm not sure he would openly lie but I don't think he saw them die either. If Jacob is white and the other guy is black then Richard is grey to me - I can't work out what side he would be on

This is my thinking on Richard, too.  I've been skeptical of his "goodness" since he angrily picked up the pieces that little John Locke didn't correctly identify and made John's mother mad at him.  Mean Richard! Poor John!

But -- he always seems to be good when he needs to be. So ... definitely gray for me too.

I'm thinking that the SERIES finale (God forbid) involves a big Richard-centric plot twist.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 01:57:25 AM »
Richard could've just been hiding in the jungle watching and laughing at the Dharma people shooting each other, saw the explosion and flash and Jack and them may have disappeared and he assumed they were vaporized in the blast maybe.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 02:33:03 AM »
I thought "They're coming" obviously referred to the flight 316's who just arrived on the beach and introduced themselves to Richard

of course, with LOST, the obvious is usually incorrect