Author Topic: he "watched them die"  (Read 3166 times)

Offline moyboy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
he "watched them die"
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:39:53 PM »
last episode, Richard told Sun that he knew the Losties back in 1977 because he "watched them die".

but... he didn't? he wasn't there when the nuke was detonated, if thats what he was referring to.
or if he was referring to a past that was changed, what was he speaking of?
ben gassing them with the other dharma people, but that timeline changed?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: he "watched them die"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »
No, he didn't watch them die and if this blast brings them to 2007 then Richard never watched them die and so lied for some reason to Sun.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
If he was talking about the Purge, he did watch Dharma die. Hurley didn't ring a bell, but he should of remembered Jack and Kate...
So
a) he's lying
b) he doesn't remember them and thinks the purge killed them

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 09:56:45 PM »
Did the blast not happen before in the loop? Or did the blast happen before and Richard just assumed they died because "everyone" died around him?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »
Before the Losties came there was an incident of some sort that may have killed some people. However, the majority of DI died during the purge which came much later.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:04:10 PM »
So, Juliet's blast could not have been the "incident" spoken of previously (on Lost)?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »
It depends. The blast may have always happened like that if you believe 'what happened, happened' or if you believe that there are variables and the future can be changed by Jack & co then perhaps this is a new type of incident.  ???

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
Where was Richard Alpert for the shoot-out at the Swan corral?

Since we don't know the answer to that question, I think it's premature to say that he lied. Remember, the Swan was "deep in Hostile territory" so he may have had a vantage point.

Also, we don't know what happened when Juliet sets off the nuke. All we saw was "Fade to white...LOST...roll credits."

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
we dont know that he lied. they could still die, maybe we just havent seen it happen yet. im stil kind of on ritchies side here, hes been kind of a neutral guy so far. he hasnt done anything overtly bad or good that we have seen so far

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »
Or, Richard could quite simply have thought they died because he did see an explosion....

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »
I think we need to take into account that some of our assumptions might be wrong. Like the bomb changing things, for example. Let's say that the bomb did go off and the future was altered. Who's to say that what Daniel said about HOW the future would change is right?? Maybe when Richard said he watched them die, it was a few years after the incident, and it was something else completely.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:08 PM »
I think we need to take into account that some of our assumptions might be wrong. Like the bomb changing things, for example. Let's say that the bomb did go off and the future was altered. Who's to say that what Daniel said about HOW the future would change is right?? Maybe when Richard said he watched them die, it was a few years after the incident, and it was something else completely.

BOBS DA MAN!!!!

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »
I think the deaths haven't happened yet....lets face it everything seems to be going the way it went normally (the hand incident, the fact that the hatch guy (ughm....i always forget his name....the guy who is in the shaft before Des) is still alive...I am laying this out on the table-there was no real purge...the Dhrama Intiative evacuated the whole island fast, left the dude in the hatch and went off without touching the corpses of the people who died form the big explosion. Then the others/hostiles just took over their camp and started using it and got all the bodies of the dead dudes (from the shootings and explosion) in a big ditch....Ben was just trying to sound like he is actually capable of something which is sort of his phobia (every time he is helpless he turns into a weird pissed off useless mess so he is trying to show that he is scarya nd knows everything)

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 01:18:22 PM »
I think the deaths haven't happened yet....lets face it everything seems to be going the way it went normally (the hand incident, the fact that the hatch guy (ughm....i always forget his name....the guy who is in the shaft before Des) is still alive...I am laying this out on the table-there was no real purge...the Dhrama Intiative evacuated the whole island fast, left the dude in the hatch and went off without touching the corpses of the people who died form the big explosion. Then the others/hostiles just took over their camp and started using it and got all the bodies of the dead dudes (from the shootings and explosion) in a big ditch....Ben was just trying to sound like he is actually capable of something which is sort of his phobia (every time he is helpless he turns into a weird pissed off useless mess so he is trying to show that he is scarya nd knows everything)

but we say ben kill his dad with the gas, and all the dead bodies after the purge. i dont think that we'd be lied to with a flashback.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »
Yeah...the flashback....good point....xD But anyway the fact remains that things seem to be happening exactly as they should to lead to the 815 crash and i don't think Richard would just lie to Sun about watching them die...I mean sure lie that he could find a way to bring them back-ok but about them actually dying-no point in that lie...I mean let's see it form a different angle-How many times has Richard told a lie?