Author Topic: knife / fire  (Read 1306 times)

Offline moyboy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
knife / fire
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »
my girlfriend pointed out something interesting....

the cabin scene, the clue to where jacob is was stuck to the wall with a knife (locke?).
then Ilana and gang burned down the cabin with an intense fire that even Frank questioned the need for.

later, ben stabbed jacob with a knife (despite all the guns on the island) and pushed him into the fire.

symbolism? parallels? theories? coincidence?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: knife / fire
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
Coincidence I think.

Offline moyboy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
perhaps. but it seemed odd to me that Jacob would have a fire under the statue and that they would push him into it after killing him? add to that, i don't really see the reason for Ilana lighting the cabin on fire either just as Frank said...

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »
Of course it wasn't coincidence.  Come on, Bob. lol

Foreshadowing is what it was....(IMHO)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
Locke likes knives and fire is the best way to destroy most things.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »
perhaps. but it seemed odd to me that Jacob would have a fire under the statue and that they would push him into it after killing him? add to that, i don't really see the reason for Ilana lighting the cabin on fire either just as Frank said...

Well, she said that "Someone else had been using it" So she probably burned the cabin so that whoever the someone was couldn't use it anymore.

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »
couldn't use what? the cabin? or  something else... that has nothing to do with the cabin. the magic box? hmm im so god damned confused with this show, and im about to go into my 8 month hiatus very confused!.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »
The knife and fire from the cabin echo the knife and fire used to kill Jacob? Nah, I doubt it's merely coincidence.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 04:09:07 PM »
couldn't use what? the cabin? or  something else... that has nothing to do with the cabin. the magic box? hmm im so god damned confused with this show, and im about to go into my 8 month hiatus very confused!.

As far as I can tell, yeah, the cabin. I mean she walked into it, looked around vaguely, found the piece of tapestry, and then left, so I'm sure that whatever the cabin was being used FOR is what she was worried about, and then she wanted the cabin burned so no one would be able to use it again.