Author Topic: Bernard and Juliet.....  (Read 1789 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Bernard and Juliet.....
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »
Okay im rewatching The Incident... and in the scene at Rose and Bernard's hut just as kate sawyer and uliet are leaving... BErnard clearly asks Juliet... u sure you dont want more tea? so sincerely... more sincere as he spoke with Skater. maybe father/ daugher?? rose and bernard and juliet have been the only ppl without daddy issues yet.... rewatch that scene and let me know what you think.....

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard and Juliet.....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »
It struck me as an odd scene too.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
I saw it more bittersweet. In response to his offer of tea, Juliet said, "maybe another time" kind of wistfully. Like she saw what Bernard and Rose had and that was pretty much what she and Sawyer were going for, but would never happen now.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
That is alot of reading into a simple scene. It was Bernard's way of asking, "Do you really want to go into another battle?"

He is not her father.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »
Okay im rewatching The Incident... and in the scene at Rose and Bernard's hut just as kate sawyer and uliet are leaving... BErnard clearly asks Juliet... u sure you dont want more tea? so sincerely... more sincere as he spoke with Skater. maybe father/ daugher?? rose and bernard and juliet have been the only ppl without daddy issues yet.... rewatch that scene and let me know what you think.....

First, "Skater"?? What??

That is alot of reading into a simple scene. It was Bernard's way of asking, "Do you really want to go into another battle?"

He is not her father.

Second, totally. I know we like to jump to conclusions on this site, but really, automatically he's her father because he makes sure to ask her for tea??

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »
I think Bernard knew she carried the greater burden of the lot. I never liked her, but I did admire how she kept her smile and cheerful demeanor in the face of so much adversity.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »

First, "Skater"?? What??

He is not her father.

Second, totally. I know we like to jump to conclusions on this site, but really, automatically he's her father because he makes sure to ask her for tea??

ya... skater... if you were a fan at all of the show you know thats the brangelina name for sawyer and kate... Skater... and if it were jack and kate... Jater... loser.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »

Don't think it's a daddy thing, but I do think he had some premonition that she would die. All I know is that after that very scene I knew Juliet was going to die. It was more of a goodbye scene to me.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
I thought it was a really sad scene.  She was kind of saying "hey I'm glad you're okay.  I wish we could stay a while."  He was kind of saying, "it's nice to see you again.  Take care of yourself.  See you around."  It was very wistful, her acknowledging that they had a good thing going and wishing this were all over.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »

First, "Skater"?? What??

He is not her father.

ya... skater... if you were a fan at all of the show you know thats the brangelina name for sawyer and kate... Skater... and if it were jack and kate... Jater... loser.

BR, you know I love ya, babe....but...if you are going to get all 'technical' about the nicknames...they are "Jate" and "Skate".

Skater is not...so, I think you just threw him off--Bob is awesome, so be nice, k? :)

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1114.msg7774#msg7774
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:31:03 PM by The_Hatch_Monkey »

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
I think Bernard was offering Juliet a break from her constant struggles on the Island. Nothing more.
I felt that Juliet felt that she and James should have shacked up in the jungle like Rose and Bernard did. Going to Dharmaville was destined to end up bad one way or another. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »

Wow, way to be a douche about it, but thanks.

First, "Skater"?? What??

He is not her father.

BR, you know I love ya, babe....but...if you are going to get all 'technical' about the nicknames...they are "Jate" and "Skate".

Skater is not...so, I think you just threw him off--Bob is awesome, so be nice, k? :)

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1114.msg7774#msg7774

And thanks Monkeyface for the explanation.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 03:31:03 AM »
Bernard and Rose represented something that Juliette always wished for but never had.  Her own parents divorce had such a traumatic impact on her that she couldn't find that happiness, even with James whom she basically said the same thing that her mother had said about her father.  I think she really wanted what Rose and Bernard had, the simple life, true love.  I felt very sad for her. 

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 04:11:05 AM »
Bernard and Rose represented something that Juliette always wished for but never had.  Her own parents divorce had such a traumatic impact on her that she couldn't find that happiness, even with James whom she basically said the same thing that her mother had said about her father.  I think she really wanted what Rose and Bernard had, the simple life, true love.  I felt very sad for her. 

I didn't feel bad for her....come on, Koko...where's the hate for Juliet?  I feel like i'm holding down the fort all on my own!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 04:16:19 AM »

I didn't feel bad for her....come on, Koko...where's the hate for Juliet?  I feel like i'm holding down the fort all on my own!
It seemed so out of character for her to act that way...then they threw in her childhood and we have what we have...didnt like it at all...