Author Topic: Radzinsky & Phil  (Read 3568 times)

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Radzinsky & Phil
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »
Radzinsky had to remain alive... he ends up working in the Swan statiomn (hatch) with Kelvin.

Yeppers. But he didn't need to keep all his limbs.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »
Radzinsky had to remain alive... he ends up working in the Swan statiomn (hatch) with Kelvin.

Yeppers. But he didn't need to keep all his limbs.

Funny!  ;D  and true!! he should have suffered more.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »
My sentiments exactly!  ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »
Was anyone as pleased as I that Phil got it? 

I totally stood up and cheered.  Yes, it's very very wrong, but I admit it.  I was doing the "YESSSSS!" fist pump.   :)

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
I did hate Phil, but I do laugh every time I think of his first appearance / line...

PHIL: I'm gone ten minutes, and you're having a hootenanny?

Anyone who can pull off the word hootenanny can't be all bad.

I loved that line, voted it best of the night for that episode!!  ;D  I like having characters to hate or laugh at like Phil, Radzinsky, Frogurt & Arzt!  I cheered & laughed about Phil nearly as much as when Arzt went BOOM SPLAT!  ;D

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »

Oh yeah!! I hate both characters! Was hoping something would happen to Radzinsky too, but then my husband reminded me that he can't be dead because he's the one that made the blast door map.

That's my point exactly, they caused the incident. So nothing in the past has changed and whatever happened happened. How great would it be if they all died and its just Sun, Richard and Flocke as the only original characters left?

ok,
how can they possibly finish building the station now ?
with all that electromagnetism sucking all the tools and cranes down there's no way to finish construction, install computers and electronic equipment
no computer is going to work with that much electromagnetism around ?

what are they going to do, mix concrete with rubber shovels, carry it with plastic wheelbarrows, fill up the hole to try and stop the sucking and then build everything over that extremely dangerous spot ?

that makes no sense, at least not to me it doesn't

I don't see how the station can be built now or how any video can be made

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »
I'm glad Phil got it, definitely. But it was kind of anticlimactic.  :-\ They set up nice tension with him, made sure that we hated him, and then... fate killed him. Not Sawyer, not Juliet... fate.

i agree with this... i was waiting for sawyer to shoot him then he just gets impaled... i had been waiting to clap for phil dying, then i was just bleh...

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 12:15:46 AM »

This could mean at least there could be a smidgen of a chance that......"kelvin"*is.....ALIVE....or at least we'll get to see him again!!!

*promised on another thread to never ever never mention him again....shhhh don't tell on me....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »

unless they have changed things from 'whatever happened, happened' I thought Radzinsky was dead - I need to re-watch

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »

Oh yeah!! I hate both characters! Was hoping something would happen to Radzinsky too, but then my husband reminded me that he can't be dead because he's the one that made the blast door map.

That's my point exactly, they caused the incident. So nothing in the past has changed and whatever happened happened. How great would it be if they all died and its just Sun, Richard and Flocke as the only original characters left?

ok,
with all that electromagnetism sucking all the tools and cranes down there's no way to finish construction, install computers and electronic equipment

what are they going to do, mix concrete with rubber shovels, carry it with plastic wheelbarrows, fill up the hole to try and stop the sucking and then build everything over that extremely dangerous spot ?

You're forgetting one minor detail... the detonation of a hydrogen bomb. Sure, tools were flying before, but we have no idea what will happen once that fade-to-white dissolves.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »

ok,

You're forgetting one minor detail... the detonation of a hydrogen bomb. Sure, tools were flying before, but we have no idea what will happen once that fade-to-white dissolves.

well, yes, obviously, the hydrogen bomb
but if a nuclear bomb went off there would be so much radiation and such a big hole making the ground unstable and the whole area too dangerous to work in

the point of my post was "whatever happened, happened" can no longer be true
people were saying Radzinsky has to be alive because he has to work at the Swan
I say he doesn't have to be alive because there is no Swan,
there can't be;
too much eletromagnetism, too much radiation, too big of a hole making the ground unstable

I don't know what the writers are going to do, but "whatever happened, happened" is no longer applicable

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:21 PM »
I don't know what the writers are going to do, but "whatever happened, happened" is no longer applicable

I'd stay away from statements like that.... ;)

In the land of make believe "whatever happened, happened" is still applicable. As some have posited here the two "events" when dear Juliette went  Bang a Gong canceled each other out, and too they may have had some access to a back hoe or two should there be a crater...or the electro whatchmathang absorbed the bomb blast, or, or, or...Radiation shmadiaton, there's 5 legged deer around Chernobyl....

but I like the direction you're taking, it would lead to somewhere unexpected, which by all means is more interesting than by the book Sci Fi schmaltz...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon