Author Topic: Radzinsky & Phil  (Read 4012 times)

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Radzinsky & Phil
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:12:17 PM »
Was anyone as pleased as I that Phil got it?  I was hoping that something painful would happen to Radzinsky.  Since we first "met" Radzinsky he became increasingly the most obnoxious character on TV.

Offline Survivor815

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Radzinsky & Phil
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
Oh yeah!! I hate both characters! Was hoping something would happen to Radzinsky too, but then my husband reminded me that he can't be dead because he's the one that made the blast door map.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »
Radzinsky had to remain alive... he ends up working in the Swan statiomn (hatch) with Kelvin.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »
I know he had to live, that doesn't mean his quality of life had to remain the same.   Chang lost an arm...why can't Radzinsky lose something too?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »
He will lose his brains when he shoots himself. Although I am wondering now (after meeting him) if Kelvin didn't shoot him because he is so annoying.

Offline hatch4815162342

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
first it was keamy now that he is dead they need an antagonist(why would you be a dumbass and get into a almost all metal jeep when 10 ton cranes are being pulled into a hole?)

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »
Was so glad when Phil finally got his "just reward".  Found it interesting that he died almost the same way Frogert did -- with a "stake to the heart" (Ok, so it was a metal rod and and Frogert it was a flaming arrow, but you get my meaning).

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 06:31:53 PM »
I'm glad Phil got it, definitely. But it was kind of anticlimactic.  :-\ They set up nice tension with him, made sure that we hated him, and then... fate killed him. Not Sawyer, not Juliet... fate.

And even though the guy in the hatch that made the map was named Radzinsky, there's no way to be sure that it's the same Radzinsky we know. I'm not saying it's a coincidence, just that perhaps another character we know has to man the hatch and asks to be called Radzinsky. Plus, all that Latin... I'm not saying I'm right, not by a long shot, but it's a possibility, however remote.

Offline loopist

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
Absolutely.  The writers did a great job with Radzinsky and Phil...I really wanted to reach into the TV and slap them both...good to see Phil get it!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »
Oh yeah!! I hate both characters! Was hoping something would happen to Radzinsky too, but then my husband reminded me that he can't be dead because he's the one that made the blast door map.

That's my point exactly, they caused the incident. So nothing in the past has changed and whatever happened happened. How great would it be if they all died and its just Sun, Richard and Flocke as the only original characters left?

Offline CameronLee

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 08:47:45 AM »

That's my point exactly, they caused the incident. So nothing in the past has changed and whatever happened happened. How great would it be if they all died and its just Sun, Richard and Flocke as the only original characters left?

Since when was Unlocke (or flocke) an original character?

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 08:55:44 AM »

Right, Sun would be the only original character.  We met Richard in season 3 and to be honest if he is who we all think he is, then we sorta met AJ in season 4.

Offline Bramiam

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:04 AM »
He will lose his brains when he shoots himself. Although I am wondering now (after meeting him) if Kelvin didn't shoot him because he is so annoying.
I can't see how anyone could have stayed locked up with him for more than a few days. Since we'll never see Radzinksy again, I'll take your version of how he died.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »

I ment the actor.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 09:45:35 AM »
I did hate Phil, but I do laugh every time I think of his first appearance / line...

PHIL: I'm gone ten minutes, and you're having a hootenanny?

Anyone who can pull off the word hootenanny can't be all bad.