Author Topic: but if esau took over locke's body....  (Read 3310 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: but if esau took over locke's body....
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »
and.... why is Locke's body still in the coffin?   Remember Christian's coffin was empty (of course the corpse could have fallen out or something in the crash), but still -

I guess we'd have to know if Esau is taking the form of the dead - or - actually takes over the body (which doesn't seem likely with Locke's corpse in Ilana's crate) - or - .....

I do not believe that Christian's body was ever in there.  Jack had not cleared something and was aggrevated by the fact that they were not going to put the body on the plane at the same time.  So my thought is it never was there.

Think about this and if was already mentioned sorry, I didn't take the time to look back, but Ben's Mom was never on that island and she appeared.

Whomever that person is (and when did we learn his name was Esau or is this a speculation) I would take a bet that they are on the same even playing ground as Jacob, with abilities etc.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Esau is a speculation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esau

I think there is something from this article that just might relate to our story ...its a long shot though

"In the Book of Jubilees (which is neither part of the Jewish nor most Christian canons), Esau's father, Isaac, compels Esau to swear not to attack or kill Jacob after Isaac has died."

Some sort of oath preventing Esau to kill Jacob and to "find the loop hole"

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
RIchard did say to Locke 2007.. that "there is somethign different about you now"... and john replied with.. i now have a purpose...

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
RIchard did say to Locke 2007.. that "there is somethign different about you now"
Yeah and the very moment i heard that i was like "THATS SMOKEY!" but i guess it might not be Smokey but we still know its not the original Locke...which is sad...i rly liked original Locke...

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »
Yeah, I take [Esau] to be some supreme being who exists outside of time and knows all things that happen to everyone.  If he's really Smokey and also all of the ghostly reincarnations then they all knew everything about the people being impersonated and also everything about the people being visited (even things that the real dead person wouldn't have known).

Invasion Of the Bodysnatchers!!!!!!!

I wasn't too keen on the idea of Jacob or "Esau" being the smoke monster, but I'm warming up to the idea. I'm also not too keen on the whole Judeo-christian Jacob/Esau thing. I always preferred Romulus and Remus. But, I'll run with it, like everything else on LOST.

When Locke gets pushed out of the window, Jacob touches him and apparently brings him back to life. SO...If Jacob  & Esau have this sibling rivalry, why would Jacob heal Locke? Wouldn't he fear for his life? Does he? I'm not sure. Jacob totally egged Ben on to kill him. "what about you?" Is Jacob dieing part of the grand scheme? It must be, but why?

God, I thought we were done with the questions. HA!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »
Yeah, I take [Esau] to be some supreme being who exists outside of time and knows all things that happen to everyone.  If he's really Smokey and also all of the ghostly reincarnations then they all knew everything about the people being impersonated and also everything about the people being visited (even things that the real dead person wouldn't have known).

Invasion Of the Bodysnatchers!!!!!!!

I wasn't too keen on the idea of Jacob or "Esau" being the smoke monster, but I'm warming up to the idea. I'm also not too keen on the whole Judeo-christian Jacob/Esau thing. I always preferred Romulus and Remus. But, I'll run with it, like everything else on LOST.
I agree with you and I dodn't think it is Esau, this has pushed the envelope again with let us make this biblical.  It may be similar but I do not believe they are doing this purposely.

When Locke gets pushed out of the window, Jacob touches him and apparently brings him back to life. Okay just discussed this with someone last night, we do not know that Locke was dead.  I just watched barrel horse fall on top of a person and she lived, so was Locke really dead?  Richard was clear that no one has come back from the dead.  So agreed 100% why would he bring him back to life or did he bring him to back to conciseness?SO...If Jacob & Esau have this sibling rivalry, why would Jacob heal Locke? Wouldn't he fear for his life? Does he? I really do not think Jacob and this other person are siblings.  Jumping to conclusions.  I believe if Locke was dead he brought him back so that the game can continueI'm not sure. Jacob totally egged Ben on to kill him. "what about you?" Is Jacob dieing part of the grand scheme? It must be, but why? I think he said what about  you because Ben has been all about himself since he was a little boy.  Poor me my Mom died, poor me n one loves me. Ben needs the shrink he had all others go to.  Jacob had no real use of Ben he was yet another pawn in his game with the no name man.

God, I thought we were done with the questions. HA!

LOST and no questions yeah!   ;D

I think the introduction of these two were to whet the appetite so they can tie it in with seasons finale, yeah duh Lil, but I think it may be simple and if there is to be a war at the end, it was always going to be that way and certain others knew this.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »
I think that Locke was deffinitely dead after hitting the ground. The doctor/orderly at the hospital even made a point to say how he fell out of a window and survived was a miracle.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:21 PM »
So the miracle of life was from Jacob?  I have issue with this cause Richard said you that no one has come back from the dead.  So this is confusing.

I will try to keep an open mind.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »
So the miracle of life was from Jacob?  I have issue with this cause Richard said you that no one has come back from the dead.  So this is confusing.

I will try to keep an open mind.

No, Richard actually said that he had never SEEN that happen. Doesn't mean it can't.

Offline daw035

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
It seems to me that Esau can take over bodies that are on island.  While I'm not sold that he is Smokey, he may very well use it somehow and be incahoots with it.  The people that he possibly inhabited: Yemi, Alex, Christian, Locke.  He seems to carry all of their memories, noting the "Quarantine" hatch door convo with Ben.

On DocArzt someone (can't remember who) said that the Others may need the bodies to keep Esau from inhabiting them, like when Richard wanted Amy's husband's body and he needed the whereabouts of the Others Sawyer and Juliet killed in the jungle.

Its possible that Locke was actually special but Esau got to him first before Jacob could once on the island.  Still want to know where the Widmores/Humes play into all of this especially since Widmore was so adamant that Locke get back to the island.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
Great thought about the bodies.  I never thought about that.  but it makes sense.