Author Topic: Jacob a god?  (Read 7420 times)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob a god?
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
In that sense, I get it....I'm reading a Heinlein novel right now...good time killer.

I am glad I found a used copy of the Illustrated D Code, pretty cool.

Oh yeah, He's God like...maybe...Jacob....trying to keep it on topic.....

I'm going through "LAMB: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal" right now. It's fantastic.

I loved that book!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »
You two are cracking me up. I never read DB.  My summer reading this year is Atlas Shrugged

Now correct if I'm wrong, but I was always under the impression that Atlas Shrugged was a very boring, very depressing, hard to read book. That's why I never attempted it.

In that sense, I get it....I'm reading a Heinlein novel right now...good time killer.

I am glad I found a used copy of the Illustrated D Code, pretty cool.

Oh yeah, He's God like...maybe...Jacob....trying to keep it on topic.....

I'm going through "LAMB: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal" right now. It's fantastic.

I loved that book!

The opening page laid me out with the line the angel has about Biff.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »
I think the two allude to going through it again with the Black Rock arriving, as if they have tried the experiment before....maybe that is where the Egyptian things come from...a previous failed (Man #2's words) experiment...I might just go on record and hypothesize that...that like the remnants of the Black Rock, so too are the glyphs and temples a remnant of another past failed test/small step to progress....
So while Jacob sees hope, Black Shirt sees only a pile of disasters. Goes well with my current theory - they are The Angel of History:
Check it out here:
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10056.0.html
Should have posted that in here, but I forgot all about this topic.

Oh, and I called Richard a prophet because he spreads the word of God, like Mohammed, and not because he can tell the future.
And I didn't read Dan Brown, but I did read Foucault's Pendulum, by Umberto Eco. I strongly reccomend it to Lost fans, not only because of the Pendulum in Ellie's Lamp Post, but because it goes through all the major conspiracy theories (including the one in Da Vinci's code), making fun of them on the way along.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:43:56 PM by nomteticus »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »
I am not so sure Richard is a prophet.  What he is if anything is a man who has ties and knows what is expected of him.  He also does what he knows the island wants, so if the island is Jacob, Man Number 2 and Smoke monster, then he respond to the trinity.  We know that Jacob made him "eternal" so what is coming up in close to two weeks is going to be interesting