Author Topic: Jacob a god?  (Read 7958 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob a god?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »
Oh Jacob dear Jacob - if he was a God would he have ended up in barbie pit?  

He has abilities but an alien  ::) ::)

BobX you really deserve your own thread dude, you are the only person on here that loves to be disliked

((((((((BobX))))))))))) :-* :-*  I love rubbing you the right way ;)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 03:34:43 PM »

BobX you really deserve your own thread dude, you are the only person on here that loves to be disliked

I don't love to be disliked, I just don't care. LOL AND STOP HUGGING ME!!! LOL

Oh, and speaking of rubbing, you single...and a female?? LOL
But seriously.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:55:37 PM by BobBX542 »

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
I agree with you, Bob.  I used to think those parentheses were shouting -- like (((((Bob)))) meant HEY BOB!  When I found out they were hugs, I was like, what?  I don't need all that hugging from these people.  :D

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 09:54:17 PM »
I think Jacob and the black dude are gods playing dice with the world. While Blackie wants nothing to do with people, Jacob wants progress, so he calls in The Black Rock, which is probably when the first people arrive to the island (sure, we don't know anything about the statue/temple/tunnel builders yet). So Jacob takes Richard as a prophet, makes him immortal, and advises him to periodically head-hunt for a leader, a mortal who will be replaced after a while. After a few hundred years, the black Anubis/Esau/Smokie dude throws a 6-6 (if you play backgammon), and puts all the pieces in place to overthrow benevolent Jacob.

Man, I can't wait for season 6!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:29 PM »
I think Jacob and the black dude are gods playing dice with the world. While Blackie wants nothing to do with people, Jacob wants progress, so he calls in The Black Rock, which is probably when the first people arrive to the island (sure, we don't know anything about the statue/temple/tunnel builders yet). So Jacob takes Richard as a prophet, makes him immortal, and advises him to periodically head-hunt for a leader, a mortal who will be replaced after a while. After a few hundred years, the black Anubis/Esau/Smokie dude throws a 6-6 (if you play backgammon), and puts all the pieces in place to overthrow benevolent Jacob.

Man, I can't wait for season 6!

Superb post!  That's why I'm pumped - evil has had its day.  Time for the reload.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
I think the two allude to going through it again with the Black Rock arriving, as if they have tried the experiment before....maybe that is where the Egyptian things come from...a previous failed (Man #2's words) experiment...I might just go on record and hypothesize that...that like the remnants of the Black Rock, so too are the glyphs and temples a remnant of another past failed test/small step to progress....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »

But seriously.

(((((((((BobX)))))))))   :-* :-* I am a hugger, and yes, all female and single  ;)

And not caring is that foreplay ...sorry I just had to do that ;) ;D  I still like you no matter :D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »
I think the two allude to going through it again with the Black Rock arriving, as if they have tried the experiment before....maybe that is where the Egyptian things come from...a previous failed (Man #2's words) experiment...I might just go on record and hypothesize that...that like the remnants of the Black Rock, so too are the glyphs and temples a remnant of another past failed test/small step to progress....

I'm glad you brought up the idea of progress that they introduced.  Jacob saw people as bringing new possibilities and options - isn't this the free will side of the debate?  While His Nemesis (WON'T call him Esau - oops, just did!) wants things the way they are, his own murderous intentions included - waiting for fate to give him his chance.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »
Indeed, the free will option can be tested again...With frenchy and her pals going nuts, was that the two of them playing around and Nemesis making them nutso?

Rather than peace it up, mankind needs to subjugate and rule others, Not-Esau's idea, Jacob's that one of these times it will work it's way to "right"? All the past has been progress in that direction? ( I can see that and the set backs that can come up...)
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 11:01:39 PM »
Well, Jacob definitely had the whole "suffering savior" look at his execution - like he was thinking, "I have to die because they want me to die."  But I say the island isn't done.  The island was not what was trying to kill Jacob.  Jacob is not the island.  Smokey is not Jacob.  Jacob is Jacob and the island is the island.  I am thrilled with that.  Let the bad guys come in all their manifestations.  It only takes one to stand up against them.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 11:03:32 PM »
You can't spell Scientology without Lost.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT diminish tha value of LOST by equating it with scientology.

Not quite going there, but I vote for aliens.   ;D

I'd rather not think about bible stories, so to tie in all the religious elements, I'm leaning toward the idea that "aliens" (or something) showed up and gave everyone all the ideas that led to similar stories in different religions. That's why Jacob keeps bringing people (like the ones on the ship, on 815, etc) to the island even though they always destroyed each other, they ended up with the same result but came up with different interpretations for what was going on every time... I guess what I'm saying is that it's not about religion, but about where religion came from, and how it's all just kind of an accidental development resulting from human nature...

(just not a fan of organized religion, sorry...)

wasnt that in the x-files? that ship that was burried in the african coast?

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »
Makes me wonder who the Temple is dedicated to - Jacob, Black Shirt, Smokey | Ra, Anubis, Thoth, Taweret, Sobek ?
If the temple is affiliated with Mr. Black Shirt why are the Others (who are on team Jacob) using it?
When Richard took Ben into the temple, who healed him? I don't think it was Jacob, since he apparently doesn't care about Ben...
Why does Smokey judge the Others if he is against Jacob?
Lots of questions, ladies and gentlemen...

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »
The scary thing is with only one season left how many answers will we ever get? I hope we find out what happened to Ben when Richard brought him into the temple. I wonder who healed him?

Offline Theoman

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »
Jacob is not a God.

307 - Not In Portland: "God loves you as He loved Jacob."

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »

He has abilities but an alien  ::) ::)

((((((((BobX))))))))))) :-* :-*  I love rubbing you the right way ;)

But seriously.

(((((((((BobX)))))))))   :-* :-* I am a hugger, and yes, all female and single  ;)

And not caring is that foreplay ...sorry I just had to do that ;) ;D  I still like you no matter :D

;)