Author Topic: Sorting out who is who (again)  (Read 645 times)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Sorting out who is who (again)
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »
Team Jacob
*Richard
*Team Ilana
*The Others

Team Esau
*Esau
*Smokey?

Free Agents/Unkown
*Widmore and his crew - Team Ilana doesn't care for Team Widmore, but I don't know that it means Widmore is working with Esau
*Eloise - at one point she was an other, but I'm not positive of her motivations now
*Dharma - I always wondered why the Others ever allowed Dharma to move in on their island, perhaps it is Esau's doing
*Mr. Paik - too many early connections to dismiss but have no idea if he will play any role going forward
*815'ers - pawns in a galactic game of chess
*Claire - parts unknown
*Christian - not convinced he is Esau in disguise
*Vincent - the key to it all

Anybody else? 

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Sorting out who is who (again)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:42:44 PM »
What about Walt?

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Sorting out who is who (again)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »
I would actually put everyone in the category of "pawns in a galactic game of (backgammon)".

The big difference to me seems that, instead of two players who each has his own pieces he can move (in concert with the "chance" element of the role of dice), here we have two players who can each move any piece (human) via influencing their thought/motivation but the "chance" element is that each piece (human) has his own free will to actually make the moves on the board.

------

I would rather go back and try to sort out which "moves" belonged to Esau and which "moves" belonged to Jacob.  The ghostly visitations might be all Esau/Smokey whereas the person incidental interactions might be the only things that are truly Jacob.