Author Topic: Fate and weaving  (Read 4680 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Fate and weaving
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »
i see that the eye has been considered the eye of horus, or ra.  but isn't it actually reversed, marking it the symbol of thoth?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth
this god seems to be the balance between the man of science, man of faith, and MAY be more directly related to the show.

ergo the black and white theme
Makes a lot of sense. Man, the pilot episodes (part 1 and 2) are just full of foreshadowing to the conflict between Man In Black and Jacob. Its actually pretty amazing.

I just had a long discussion with Mrs. Hume about this and frankly there are some things that are just pointing us in the right directions.
Wasn't man of Scientce and Man of Faith in season one, so do Jack and Locke end up being the new Jacob and the MN2 would make sense after all they have been at conflict since season one.  And I still think that Locke is Jacob's son, but that is a thought .  Nothing that holds water all speculation.  How many times did Jack want to kill Locke?
A few times at least haha. But, Man Of Science, Man Of Faith was the title of episode 1, season 2.

Welll close enough  I got epi one right ugh

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »
Yeah for sure. That was the episode where Jack and Locke's conflict really started to heat up. i.e. Locke refusing to stay with everyone in the caves and going out to the hatch despite what Jack says.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
Yeah for sure. That was the episode where Jack and Locke's conflict really started to heat up. i.e. Locke refusing to stay with everyone in the caves and going out to the hatch despite what Jack says.

Griz I still believe this is pivotal to the last season.  Just my opinion

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
I think you may be right LIL but we won't know until we know.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 04:57:52 PM »
I think you may be right LIL but we won't know until we know.

Well, I don't NEED to be right and thanks, but something is compelling me to keep that in the forefront.  There are so many details to see that well.

but thanks for the vote of confidence NPG

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
There is a red tapestry on the ground under the statue. Smoky cuts off a bit to clean the knife from Jacob's blood.
I couldn't see if there were figures on it.
Jacob also just started weaving a new one. Bram pulls it down.