Author Topic: I'm Sorry, But Juliet's Fall Down The Hole Hit Me Hard lol  (Read 8735 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
That was one rough scene to watch  :(...It just seemed like nothing was going right for her this entire episode, and then to watch those last moments of knowing she's about to fall to her death (or so she believed). And kudos to Josh Holloway, because he truly looked devastated at seeing her disappear down the hole.

By the way, this makes three people who took unselfish actions and sacrificed themselves for the better good (Charlie, Desmond, Juliet). One died, one didn't, and one we're not really sure about although she probably did indeed die.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Sorry, But Juliet's Fall Down The Hole Hit Me Hard lol
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:50:50 AM »
agree with everything you said

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:53:29 AM »
I just didn't find it as emotional as Charlie's death. Charlie knew he was going to die, and went down to the Looking Glass anyway.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »
I thought it was better and more emotional than Charlie's death.  Charlie chose to die, and I thought it was a really dumb idea that didn't accomplish anything.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:22 AM »
yeah i felt sorry too ...i never ever liked her from beginning but watching her die was sad i felt really bad for sawyer he was devastated ...but hitting the nuke with a rock and cursing it thats surely a new way of exploding a bomb  :D

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:49 AM »
It was the most emotional episode for me! I found myself relating to Juliet from the beginning, and then after the flashback last night I understood more of why. The writers did a great job capturing a person who is driven to give and heal, but keeps aloof emotionally because of fear of abandonment. I am soooo glad Sawyer didn't let her down in the end (well, metaphorically speaking!) and I am not giving up hope that maybe, just maybe, there will be a happy ending for the two of them. They are the only two characters on the show I've ever cared about as far as their relationship was concerned.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:32:35 AM »
It is going to be tough for them to be happy with Juliet being dead.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 07:34:08 AM »
It is going to be tough for them to be happy with Juliet being dead.
:P (raspberries to you!)

I wrote something snide about relationships being happiest when one of the partners is gone, but I erased that. Boy, I'm in a cynical mood this morning!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:34:57 AM »
It would have been more emotional if I didn't see the same scene in the opening of Sylvester Stallone's Cliffhanger movie.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:43 AM »
Yeah that scene made me lol hard too...oh wai-.......that wasn't what you meant...was it? Me no speak Английски pardon pardon....xD

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 07:52:54 AM »
It would have been more emotional if I didn't see the same scene in the opening of Sylvester Stallone's Cliffhanger movie.
People actually remember that movie?  Actually the movie I was thinking of during the whole Swan scene was Return of the King.  Jack held the bomb over the hole and seemed to hesitate like Frodo holding the ring over the fires of Mount Doom.  Then Juliet trying to hold on.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 07:54:24 AM »
People actually remember that movie?  Actually the movie I was thinking of during the whole Swan scene was Return of the King.  Jack held the bomb over the hole and seemed to hesitate like Frodo holding the ring over the fires of Mount Doom.  Then Juliet trying to hold on.

Phil did kind of look like Gollum lol

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

Phil did kind of look like Gollum lol
Glad he died.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
Yeah, I felt sorry for Juliet and she was a character I didn't really like. I think I felt more sorry for Sawyer and wonder what is he going to do to Jack now! :o  Of course, this is LOST and Desmond didn't die so perhaps Juliet will surivive too. It seems to be a theme in this show--think someone you love is dead and then they are not...Rose and Bernard, Penny and Desmond, Jin and Sun.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »
She should have picked the blue shirt out of her drawer that morning!