Author Topic: Do you know how badly I want to kill you?  (Read 5464 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know how badly I want to kill you?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »
Ahh stupid me. I totaly forgot about little boy Ben being taken to the temple to be saved. We havn't seen him since Richard took him through the temple wall door. We have no idea what happened to that kid. Perhaps he is saved by Jacob? So the loophole is; saved other-for-life ex-leader Ben, who killed other saved guy Locke can kill Jacob. Nice loophole!

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
Anyone else think that question was a rhetorical inquiry based on friendship rather than a threat? Suppose Jacob wanted to be killed and the two were trying to find a way to break whatever rules prevented him from dying.

No. I think he was dead serious. He had a very deadly look about him. He really wanted Jacob dead. And he couldn't just break the rules, it seems. He needed to find the loophole. And now that Jacob is dead, things will change. At least that is what he said, he said that once Jacob was dead things would be different. Unless, of course, he ends up being wrong.

DEAD wrong!

Offline Survivor815

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
I think the reason why UnLocke wants Jacob to die is just to stop the endless
shipwrecks and crashes on the island, experiments that keep failing.

"UnLocke" I love that term!

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
So do you guys think that the "rules" that make it impossible to kill Jacob are the same rules that said Alex could not be killed?  It seemed like the rules were easily broken in Alex' case so why was it so difficult to kill Jacob?  Will we ever find out what exactly these rules are and where they come from?

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
I think the rules between Charles and Ben were simple stipulations set up by both men. Jacob and his rival were playing a more important game. The stakes were higher in their case, the rules were more universal than personal, and probably a whole lot harder to bend. The rule wasn't outright broken, since "Unlocke" spoke about a loophole.

Offline devenezy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
Anyone else think that question was a rhetorical inquiry based on friendship rather than a threat? Suppose Jacob wanted to be killed and the two were trying to find a way to break whatever rules prevented him from dying.

No. I think he was dead serious. He had a very deadly look about him. He really wanted Jacob dead. And he couldn't just break the rules, it seems. He needed to find the loophole. And now that Jacob is dead, things will change. At least that is what he said, he said that once Jacob was dead things would be different. Unless, of course, he ends up being wrong.

DEAD wrong!

Dead funny reply.

Offline Kinuvia

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »
Dead IS dead.  And the "other guy" (Esau) is appearing as Locke.  Locke IS dead and therefore, Ben is STILL the leader.  Therefore, the leader "killed" Jacob.

Reading this thread I found myself thinking how funny it would be (and typical of Ben - although of course hardly likely) if in the Season 6 opener, Ben turns around to 'Un'Locke and says, 'and I'm sick and tired of your ** too,'  and then stabs him to death (again).   :D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:12 AM »
Dead IS dead.  And the "other guy" (Esau) is appearing as Locke.  Locke IS dead and therefore, Ben is STILL the leader.  Therefore, the leader "killed" Jacob.

Reading this thread I found myself thinking how funny it would be (and typical of Ben - although of course hardly likely) if in the Season 6 opener, Ben turns around to 'Un'Locke and says, 'and I'm sick and tired of your ** too,'  and then stabs him to death (again).   :D

I was totally waiting for that the entire scene.  Even after Jacob got bbq'ed I was just sure that knife was going into UnLocke's ungut!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 01:32:08 AM »

THen Ben would wind up ruling the island

I was totally waiting for that the entire scene.  Even after Jacob got bbq'ed I was just sure that knife was going into UnLocke's ungut!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »
Then there was that whole scene with Ben & Charles when Ben told him he couldn't kill him.  It's against "the rules."  Maybe the same sort of theme going on here.

I am so into believing this is a game.  I am trying to figure out just what the winner gets, oh the Island?