Author Topic: Predictions ...  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Predictions ...
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »
I'm calling this right now ...

The Lampost, all snazzy and jazzy and amazing as it is (and as I want it to be), is bunk.  Eloise didn't need the cool floor map or awesome pendulum to predict which flight was going to be snapped to the Island -- because Jack and Kate told/will tell her simply that they took Ajira 316.

The schmancy room was all an elaborate cover-up which enabled her to come off as their savior/fortune-teller rather than have to tell them that they'll actually go back in time and have a run-in with the others, which is how she knows which flight to tell them to take.

Schmancy ruse. Called it.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions ...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
Seems very plausible...

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:21:36 AM »
I'm calling this right now ...

The Lampost, all snazzy and jazzy and amazing as it is (and as I want it to be), is bunk.  Eloise didn't need the cool floor map or awesome pendulum to predict which flight was going to be snapped to the Island -- because Jack and Kate told/will tell her simply that they took Ajira 316.

The schmancy room was all an elaborate cover-up which enabled her to come off as their savior/fortune-teller rather than have to tell them that they'll actually go back in time and have a run-in with the others, which is how she knows which flight to tell them to take.

Schmancy ruse. Called it.
ok since this is called "predictions"... i have a couple but first about what you wrote.. personally i dont think the lampost is bunk. is it important...? maybe not, but i think it rings true... because personally i think that time is on a loop and a persona cant effect the other timeline.. except Des cuz he is special. which means do something in one time and have it effect instantly in the present. so thats why 1977 Ellie knowign about the book now and from what jack / kate told them doesnt effet older ellie... why? dunno.. just a thought...

but i do have a theory or few about where it may be going and where the show is now...

mainly about  Jacob and Esau. i believe they are immortals in some kind of bored in eternity good vs evil contest. but theres that biblical rule set on them. that Esau is not allowed to kill Jacob as said per the christian God. thats the "loophole" that Esau was talkign about. and also how he is so pessemistic about it all.. "it only ends once and whats done is done" you know how much i want to kill you"... and so on... can take shape.. maybe yemi... alex... then theres Jacob. in white... talkign about how ya it does end but each time ( time loop... or humanity test) is progress"... taking the lighter side of it. now i believe that they .. if not at least one... of them is / are smokey. esau is the vengeful freight train militant smokey... where jacob could be the takes shape ( horse... etc...)and recon smokey... " what i saw was beautiful... a white light". Now Esau has taken the shape of Locke. thats why Richard has said to him " theres something different about you John". and thats why the REAL Locke is in the Ajira crate.

The finale was also so literal. meaning the words they used didnt REALLY mean what they said exactly... for example... Jacob asks Jack... are these yours? jack says yes... JAcob says  "you can get them... sometimes all they need is a little push".

and where the show is going .. i have a vague suspicion that they are shifted back to the plane crash... or at least to where they are in 2007. and now they have to save jacob...  though i dont get what the war may be... i think jacob has more people on his side... and i really feel... and love.. .that its starting to feel The Stand-ish... ( you know stephen king).. thats all for now...

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
ok, said thie elsewhere, and maybe others have said it, but I predict that Hurley is going to save everything.  For example, we didn't see why he went back to the island until the finale.  Maybe he's the "candidate?"

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:57:34 AM »
Another prediction ... which I just posted on a thread about Richard.

Richard has been wavering between black and white/good and evil throughout this entire show.  He always pulls through and is a good doobie (healing young Ben, talking to Locke's past doppelganger) but also seems kind of shady a lot of the time.  He seems very honest, but it's hard to tell where his loyalty lies, or if he has any.

Richard flies under the radar.  I predict that the SERIES finale will involve a Richard-centric plot twist which will have us gasping.

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:57:03 AM »
Another prediction ... which I just posted on a thread about Richard.

Richard has been wavering between black and white/good and evil throughout this entire show.  He always pulls through and is a good doobie (healing young Ben, talking to Locke's past doppelganger) but also seems kind of shady a lot of the time.  He seems very honest, but it's hard to tell where his loyalty lies, or if he has any.

Richard flies under the radar.  I predict that the SERIES finale will involve a Richard-centric plot twist which will have us gasping.

Reguardong Richard... i think that he is either the Captain of the Black Rock, or the first mate... if he is the captain thatd make him Magnus Hanso. and we heard about the first mate's diary in the aution that widmore bought. i base this on Richard doing the ship in a bottle of the Black Rock... and that "Jacob made me this way" and in the opening scene of the finale when its just Esau and Jacob... Richard isnt there... but the Black Rock is just off shore...