Author Topic: The Island knows that Locke is the Leader  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The Island knows that Locke is the Leader
« on: May 12, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »
I like the way that the Island worked John into the leadership position.    If you look at events as they happen, some seem to think that Locke was manipulating his destiny, but if you look at it with the time jumps, it goes like this.

The Island tells John where to take Richard so that when past John flashes forward with the bullet wound, he'll get medical care and a message.    That message was from the Island, not Locke himself.    The Island told him where to be and just when to get there.     John sends the message through Richard, and that sends past John along the path to getting right where he is now.   

This makes the island appear to be in control of time and space.  It can look down through the course of time and interact however it needs to to get the job done.    In this case, Locke was chosen as the best person to send the message to himself that he would be the leader.    Then a few jumps and a hanging later, it comes true.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: The Island knows that Locke is the Leader
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »
I like the way that the Island worked John into the leadership position.    If you look at events as they happen, some seem to think that Locke was manipulating his destiny, but if you look at it with the time jumps, it goes like this.

The Island tells John where to take Richard so that when past John flashes forward with the bullet wound, he'll get medical care and a message.    That message was from the Island, not Locke himself.    The Island told him where to be and just when to get there.     John sends the message through Richard, and that sends past John along the path to getting right where he is now.   

This makes the island appear to be in control of time and space.  It can look down through the course of time and interact however it needs to to get the job done.    In this case, Locke was chosen as the best person to send the message to himself that he would be the leader.    Then a few jumps and a hanging later, it comes true.

I agree totally with this.  Locke has some kind of major connection with the island.  Somehow, the island brought him back to life.  He is one with the island at this point.  Isn't it funny how we all thought that Richard was the all-knowing one, but now we are seeing that the only reason Richard knows all of this stuff is what Locke (and some of the other Losties) have told him while traveling through time?

So who is all-knowing, Richard?  Or Locke?  :)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
I don't think either are. Locke knows a lot but still doesn't know everything (i.e. where Jacob is) and Richard knows many things but as we have been finding out there is a lot he doesn't know. So I think the only all-knowing entity is the island and probably Jacob (maybe they are one and the same?). then this entity lets Richard and Locke knows things it wants it to know.

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »
I think Locke knows EXACTLY where Jacob is.  He just needs Richard, Ben and all the Others to be there when he kills/frees/exposes Jacob.  He is planning to restore the Island to whatever it was before MAN arrived and defiled it with all the terrible things that have taken place there.