Author Topic: poor old Jack Shephard, brand new John Locke, Michael returned  (Read 2486 times)

Offline golfstrom

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
I was really admiring Jack for how he learnt to step back, hold on and take things easier. The moment he decided to take Faraday to the Others was when he first lost it, but in this episode he's a full blown old Jack again. Taking the first available task as you great CAUSE and acting on impulses really. And of course he is going to fail because if he doesn't John Locke never becomes who he is now.

I just wish Jack would wait for his moment of revelation. And now I'm just affraid he's going to be weepy-little-Jack-standing-up-for-others-and-not-being-appreciated-by-daddy forever. That is if he survives at all.

And while I never liked John Locke, I must admit I'm hugely impressed. I keep thinking about how he plays Ben, how he unnerves him and how he doesn't fall for the usual traps. And it's so refreshing! Because John doesn't seem to manipulate people purely for he's own amusement, like Ben used to do. We are being hinted that John is willing to discard people like Ben (lying to Sun, using the herd of the Others) and yet I must admit that I still trust him :/ It's like he knew that first thing should go first and he doesn't get distracted. And at the same time he's not arrogant about it like he used to be.

And I'm probably a bit late on that one, but when Sun came forward with the picture, I had to pause to scream "Waaaaaalt!!!"

There you are. Not a lot for discussion, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: poor old Jack Shephard, brand new John Locke, Michael returned
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
I am starting to think that Locke is not really who he was before. 

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
Really Nikkaro - ? Sorry not trying to be fresh, but he has not been himself for some time.

I have loved this character from day one and well, I don't take everything he does or says and disect but he has been consistent and he has always been for the island! ;D

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 12:02:32 AM »
And of course he is going to fail because if he doesn't John Locke never becomes who he is now.

Exactly!!!  None of them become who they are now.  That's why Kate (and it annoys me that people are so mad at her now) was saying to Jack that "it wasn't all misery."

Offline golfstrom

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »

That's why Kate (and it annoys me that people are so mad at her now) was saying to Jack that "it wasn't all misery."

Ah, you see I also have a problem with Kate but that's because she's a bit... dishonest. We saw her building a relationship with Jack but only recently have we found out that her heart was broken by Sawyer. Then she breaks up with Jack but still comes for a mercy f&*% just to dismiss him on the plane because now her bet is on Sawyer. Unfortunately Sawyer is not available and doesn't even seem interested, so she tries her luck with Jack again. But to her horror and fury (hence slamming the door) she finds out she doesn't have power over Jack anymore. She constantly keeps skipping between Jack and Sawyer only this time none of them wants to be her beau and she gets pissed and tries emotional blackmail too often.

While in previous seasons she had a bit of innocence about her, now she's just pretentious.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
I see that both Jack and John have grown since the crash of 815. Both have had their steps backward, but now Stronger Ghost Locke and Man of Destiny Jack seem to trying to make far reaching things happen. I guess I am in the minority, because I think Jack is doing what should be attempted. Don't forget about all the people that died from the crash and after the crash.
I really think the real destiny is for Jack and Locke to work together. I see that as the end of the multi-angle relationship with Kate. Both Jack and Locke are only truly happy when they follow their destiny. The island wants Jack to do something.

Kate is well, Kate. She can't be happy in one place with one man. If she is really there to find Claire, she should be doing anything to get back to 2007. Going back to James isn't getting her closer to Claire.

And great thought about Sun becoming Michael... JIIIIIIIN! Where's my HUSBAND????  :)

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »
everytime locke tries to play the role of a leader ,he didnt have much success at it ..mainly he lets that ben get to him very quickly...and seeing now richard is also not happy at what locke is upto ...i just feel they both will team up and screw locke  big time...i hope locke is wiser than before ,and emerges successfull this time around ... but killing jacob ?? that is extreme  :o.. i hope he knows what he is doing

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »
Don't frighten me like that. I seriously thought for a minute that Michael was going to come back. That would have sucked.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
everytime locke tries to play the role of a leader ,he didnt have much success at it ..mainly he lets that ben get to him very quickly...and seeing now richard is also not happy at what locke is upto ...i just feel they both will team up and screw locke  big time...i hope locke is wiser than before ,and emerges successfull this time around ... but killing jacob ?? that is extreme  :o.. i hope he knows what he is doing

Considering it was not Locke he does know what he is doing.  Kind of funny if you think about it.