Author Topic: Who controlled Smokey during the days of DHARMA???  (Read 1651 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Who controlled Smokey during the days of DHARMA???
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »
Okay well there has been absolutely no reference to Smokey in DHARMA's hay day. and i was just thinking that the way that Ben has summonded it before... in his house... in New Otherton in 2007. so does that mean that it has ALWAYS been there? so DHARMA had access to it the whole time, but nobody has seen , heard, or seemed to be afraid of ventureing into the jungle when Horace was the head honcho. or does the Incident release smokey? or something else release it? anyone hear anything? cuz honestly I think if Widmore (1977) had access to Smokey that he would use it to get rid of the pesky DHARMAites.....

Offline talkhard

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Who controlled Smokey during the days of DHARMA???
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
i think you're right in saying that it would be used to get rid of certain groups
of people. But MAYBE releasing it can be controlled but actually tell it what to do
cannot. Just a thought... :-\

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:28:30 AM »
Perhaps Smokey was always there like Jacob and the Others were the only ones who knew how to contact either. Dharma was wrapped up in its owen experiments....

Also perhaps Smokey didn't show itself until it was time to do so....

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »
Perhaps Smokey was always there like Jacob and the Others were the only ones who knew how to contact either. Dharma was wrapped up in its owen experiments....

Also perhaps Smokey didn't show itself until it was time to do so....

thats true... LOST has been centric about things being on time, and the right time for things... so perhaps yorue right... i dont know about anyone else but im starting to have the shakes from no lost ... anyone else?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »
yes, I could use an episode or two of Lost! It's going to be a long 8 months....

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:21:27 AM »
same here.  I watched the first disk of season 1  yesterday.   There are so many things just in those 4 episodes that amaze me because of the way they connect to things that we are seeing now.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »
same here.  I watched the first disk of season 1  yesterday.   There are so many things just in those 4 episodes that amaze me because of the way they connect to things that we are seeing now.

HA HA HA I watched the first disc of season 1 yesterday too!!! and i completely agree... knowing now what we do... to rewatch it makes the experience different... love it

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 08:59:31 AM »
But did they not build the sonic fence to keep Smokey out? Richard said the fence couldn't keep them out so it had to have been put in place to protect the barracks against Smokey attacks.