Author Topic: did dharma know about the bomb ?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: did dharma know about the bomb ?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
I still say Ellie and Charles were both involved with this and in fact that they more than likely had a member of the others within the DI. 

It was well thought out as to whom and what was allowed there. Dr. Change knew about the pockets of energy, they claim the lampost was  based on the 1954 Army photos and interest.

But there was no way the DI would walk on and get this taken care of on their own. Again, we go back to the fundementals of how do you bring all of the supplies there.  Not the sub, there was another method.
So until we find that out then none of this will click.

I would hope they flesh this out a bit more.  I can write enough to justify what may have happened but in the end it is what they tell us! 

I tend to agree with a lot of BobX's points, he reads my mind when I sleep ;D ::)

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 05:05:04 AM »
I mean, how many times did the smoke monster go berserk at Dharma camp before they figured out a sonic fence would stop it. And why wouldn't it just crush whoever was building said fence? Which should have taken weeks!

I don't think we've seen Smokie back before 1988 (or whenever it was when Roussell's science team shows up). So maybe Smokie wasn't there before or hasn't been activated yet. Maybe Smokie is a Dharma invention, maybe after the others gassed all the Dharma people, Radzinski hiding out in the Swan released Smokie on the Others. Smokie seems to kill Losties & Danielle's team without any morale issues....he even chases after Juliette....which makes me figure he'll chase after Others too. Now Smokie didn't kill Ben, but Ben is Dharma....or used to be. Hmmm.....

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 06:31:04 AM »
Smokie is not a DI invention.  We saw the hieroglyphs on the wall and smokie is being called out.

also why would smokey judge Ben who is an other? 

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »
Random thoughts about the Truce:

Widmore seems like a prime candidate to make a deal with the Dharma Initiative to profit from them harnessing the power of the island.  Could he be the one responsible for the truce for his own agenda?  Being an Other he knows the island has special powers like healing and time travel.

I wonder, how did Widmore become an 'wealthy industrialist'?  Where did all his money come from? 

As we know, he funded Daniel's time travel research for 10 years, planted fake plane wreckage complete with bodies, sent a freighter full of people to get Ben and 'kill everyone on the island' - this guy wants the island and will do anything to get control of it, even back in 1977.

Seems perefectly reasonable to me. Widmore comes up with a scheme to go back and forth from the island, and then the army decides to set up camp, so he presents them with the idea of a truce. Could be how he gained the ability to go back and forth from the island under the Other's noses. Good thinking.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »
Smokie is not a DI invention.  We saw the hieroglyphs on the wall and smokie is being called out.

also why would smokey judge Ben who is an other? 

The hieroglyphs could very well be a prophecy of a smoke monster that will one day rise if the chosen leader returns and kills his father. We've never seen Smokey before Russou's arrival.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »
I mean, how many times did the smoke monster go berserk at Dharma camp before they figured out a sonic fence would stop it. And why wouldn't it just crush whoever was building said fence? Which should have taken weeks!

I don't think we've seen Smokie back before 1988 (or whenever it was when Roussell's science team shows up). So maybe Smokie wasn't there before or hasn't been activated yet. Maybe Smokie is a Dharma invention, maybe after the others gassed all the Dharma people, Radzinski hiding out in the Swan released Smokie on the Others. Smokie seems to kill Losties & Danielle's team without any morale issues....he even chases after Juliette....which makes me figure he'll chase after Others too. Now Smokie didn't kill Ben, but Ben is Dharma....or used to be. Hmmm.....

But... the fence doesn't seem to stop the Others. Alpert, for example, had no trouble sneaking in there when he had his face-to-face with LeFleur. The fence is there to stop IT.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
Did anyone consider that Richard and some others might have the passcode? Or if Richard is not "human" perhaps he can just get through.

BUT the answer to this is a simple one.  We know that Dharma compound was built over the tunnels that run under the temple.  What better way to move about the island unseen.

We saw that Jack and Sayid ended up in a Dharma compound house and walked right into the chaos with the Bomb whilst Richard brought back a rather unconcious Eloise through which they came the water.

So to answer the question, which now is not a mystery, Richard had another opening into the Dharma Compound.  They built a fence for the outside not underground. 

Ben's home had the secret room and he had the door with the hieroglyphics on it.  So needless to say this was a well devised plan to build it over this as I am sure the "others" said hey wait this is the deal.

Which brings me to another topic which for the sake of my time, sanity and posting, If Mrs. Hawkings is alive today to get everyone back to island and save the world so to speak.  Then we know she did not die when that bomb went off.

I truly believe it is all right there under our noses and so obvious we are missing it.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »
Did anyone consider that Richard and some others might have the passcode? Or if Richard is not "human" perhaps he can just get through.

BUT the answer to this is a simple one.  We know that Dharma compound was built over the tunnels that run under the temple.  What better way to move about the island unseen.

We saw that Jack and Sayid ended up in a Dharma compound house and walked right into the chaos with the Bomb whilst Richard brought back a rather unconcious Eloise through which they came the water.

So to answer the question, which now is not a mystery, Richard had another opening into the Dharma Compound.  They built a fence for the outside not underground. 

Ben's home had the secret room and he had the door with the hieroglyphics on it.  So needless to say this was a well devised plan to build it over this as I am sure the "others" said hey wait this is the deal.

Which brings me to another topic which for the sake of my time, sanity and posting, If Mrs. Hawkings is alive today to get everyone back to island and save the world so to speak.  Then we know she did not die when that bomb went off.

I truly believe it is all right there under our noses and so obvious we are missing it.

I think that this is going to have to play into some of the weird science that the DI was getting into. OR that someone in the DI was an Other and they helped design the compound for the sole purpose of being able to infiltrate it whenever they needed/wanted to.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »

I think that this is going to have to play into some of the weird science that the DI was getting into. OR that someone in the DI was an Other and they helped design the compound for the sole purpose of being able to infiltrate it whenever they needed/wanted to.
Oh yes a Widmore/Hawkings collaboration with the Ann Arbor team and many others.  This was not the brain child of one man or if it was how much you want to figure that Jacob picked him. Or oddly enough Jacob was the one who introduced all to each other to get the DI there.

Yes, the others were well connected into the compound and were there to make sure DI were kept in control.  Radsinsky was the odd ball there and caused issues