Author Topic: Are Sawyer And Kate Destined To Be Together?  (Read 7527 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Are Sawyer And Kate Destined To Be Together?
« on: May 07, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »
No matter where the man goes, Kate is ALWAYS right there behind him lol. He can't even time travel back 30 years into the past without her ending up following along. He finally gets off the island in the sub, and who shows up at the last minute? Kate, and she gets handcuffed next to him and Juliet just to add insult to injury.

So is Sawyer avoiding the inevitable, and Kate will always be in his life (and he in hers)? Or is this all just some REALLY sh*tty luck going on? lol :)

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Are Sawyer And Kate Destined To Be Together?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »
I hope Kate does not end up with Sawyer.  He betrayed her to Rad and chose Juliet by doing that.  I don't care for Juliet, but she should not have llet Sawyer protect her in that way.  If she thinks Kate is a threat aafter Sawyer clearly chose Juliet, than she is stupid.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »
Kate does not deserve Sawyer, she doesn't deserve anyone as far as I can tell, she should just go bang Hurley so that guy can get some.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
^^ Yeah, but seems he can't shake the woman no matter what he does or where he goes lol. When she got on the sub, I would have expected Sawyer to yell out "Oh, come on!!" ;)

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:02 PM »
Kate does not deserve Sawyer, she doesn't deserve anyone as far as I can tell, she should just go bang Hurley so that guy can get some.

Kate never betrayed anyone like Sawyer did.  I was disappointed in him; I thought he was better than that!  And Juliet let him do it.  Kate would at least have told Sawyer not to give in.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »
the island is testing him

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »
Kate was driving me crazy this episode. I have never really been much of a fan of her (although on the other hand I have not hated her as deeply as some/most) but the whole scene with Aaron, and going back to find Claire... she was starting to grow on me. But, what the heck? "Ok, Dan, I'll take you to your mum." "Crap. YOUR MOM FRICKIN SHOT YOU!!! You're just ANOTHER crazy man on this island!!!" "I'M GOING BACK TO DHARMAVILLE.....EVEN THOUGH MY BUDDIES THERE ARE PACKING UP FOR THE BEACH AND THE DHARMA PEOPLE HAVE PROBABLY CAUGHT ON TO WHAT I'VE DONE BY NOW!!!!" UGH. That woman. I surely hope she does not end up with Sawyer.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
I just don't see why people son't like Kate.  I suspect it is men who are afraid of strong women.  Kate does annoy me sometimes, but so does pretty much everyone except Hurley.  Come on, Juliet is a smug, self-satisfied b****.  She has been playing games with everyone.  She moved in on Jack, but when Jack disappeared she homed right in on Sawyer.  How is that different from Kate.  At least Kate seemed confused and in need of comfort.  Juliet just seems calculating and enigmatic.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
Kate is a runner and she is extremely selfish. She wouldn't sacrifice her free life to save everyone who died so far in the show. And she didn't want to sacrifice her realtionship with Jack. She got pissed at him because he wanted to do something that could potentially save Charlie, Boone, SHannon etc... but it would mean that her and Kate would never meet and Kate would go to jail.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
Kate is a runner and she is extremely selfish. She wouldn't sacrifice her free life to save everyone who died so far in the show. And she didn't want to sacrifice her realtionship with Jack. She got pissed at him because he wanted to do something that could potentially save Charlie, Boone, SHannon etc... but it would mean that her and Kate would never meet and Kate would go to jail.
thank you

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 02:52:48 PM »
I don't inderstand why you think that.  Please help me to understand with some backup.  And don't use a double standard!  Kate has wavered between Jack and Sawyer, but both those men have slept with other women.   

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »
I just don't like the fact that she needs to sleep with a man to make things feel ok...she is so shallow. She doesn't know who are what she wants, which is why she keeps going back and forth between Jack and Sawyer. She needs to be her own person.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »
I don't inderstand why you think that.  Please help me to understand with some backup.  And don't use a double standard!  Kate has wavered between Jack and Sawyer, but both those men have slept with other women.  

Aagin, who has Jack slept with besides Kate?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »
JACK: If we can do what Faraday said... [sniffs] our plane never crashes... Flight 815 lands in Los Angeles. And everyone we lost since we got here... [chuckles] they'd all be alive.

KATE: And what about us? We just... go on living our life because we've never met?

JACK: All the misery that we've been through... we'd just wipe it clean. Never happened.

KATE: It was not all misery.

JACK: [Sighs] Enough of it was.

Here what I get is Kate trying to tell Jack that she doesn't want him to try and save everyone whos died because then they would never meet and she would go to jail. Is that enough to prove her selfishness? "I don't want you to do it because I will be negatively affected. Even though everyone else would still be alive."

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
I just don't like the fact that she needs to sleep with a man to make things feel ok...she is so shallow. She doesn't know who are what she wants, which is why she keeps going back and forth between Jack and Sawyer. She needs to be her own person.
That annoys me, too, but don't we see Sawyer having the same problem with Kate bing back near him?  He was happy with Juliet when Kate was off-island.  And Juliet seems to glom onto a strong man, too, wherever she is.  Does that mean Juliet is not her own woman?  I think Kate does know what she wants.  She wants her loved ones to be safe and near her.  Why is it okay for Sawyer to sleep around, but not for Kate?  (Note: I believe in being a one-person lover, so I don't agree with any of them acting promiscuously, but I don't get why people let it slide with other people, but slam Kate for it).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:07:00 PM by Novashannon »